SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am noticing something odd in my windshield. I looks like there is a faint wavy pattern in the windshield, it almost looks like tiny heating element wires in the windshield. However I am pretty sure this car does not come with a heated windshield.

My brother has a 2019 Landrover Discovery with a heated windshield and you can clearly see the heating elements.

I will try and take a pic and post it, but it is only visible in bright sunlight.

Anyone else notice any wavy patterns in their windshields?

Thanks....
Steve

·
Registered
442 Posts
Personally, if I had to purchase again I would opt for the heated windscreen. The heads up display is not very practical but then I don’t use the nav.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the XC60 has an electrically heated windshield.

Thank You!!!

I just double checked and I do not have Electric icon in the center display in the "Activating and Deactivating windshield heating from the center display" above.

I have a 2019 T6 Inscription with the Climate, Vision, and Convenience packages (Canadian edition). I will have the dealer look at the windshield the next time its in....

Thanks again...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update, I have made an appointment with the dealer to have a look at this as it is starting to really bother me now.

The slight distortion in the windshield almost looks like orange peel in car paint. I can see it when I come to a stop and stare out the front windshield at the car in front of me.

Does anyone else notice any slight distortion\wavy patterns in their windshield? I don't want the dealer to think I am some kind of nut or something.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had similar experience when I worked for Mazda a few years ago, we had a bad batch of windshields and the lamination was starting to get wavy. Had to replace about 10-15.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just an update, I have made an appointment with the dealer to have a look at this as it is starting to really bother me now.

The slight distortion in the windshield almost looks like orange peel in car paint. I can see it when I come to a stop and stare out the front windshield at the car in front of me.

Does anyone else notice any slight distortion\wavy patterns in their windshield? I don't want the dealer to think I am some kind of nut or something.

Thanks.....
Over the years I’ve had a couple of windshields with waves in them. You either learn to filter it out or get it replaced. It’s not a volvo specific issue.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update - finally made to the dealer to have them have a look at the windshield. Good news is the service advisor, the tech, and the service manager all can see it and have sent in a warranty claim to Volvo Canada for a replacement.

Glad i'm not just seeing things :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another update - the Service Manager asked me to come in one more time as the Regional Service Manager for Canada wanted to see this before Volvo Canada approved it.

I was in and out of there in 30mins and getting the new windshield replaced on this coming Monday...

It's taken a little while but at least they did something about it...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Glad you got it resolved (well, almost). Volvo is doing the only right thing they could in this situation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts