SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Pretty strange that they present to the public a car that is going to be delivered after one year and a half and that for another one almost four months before we don't even have a picture. I hope they stop the hard drugs soon in Sweden.
Guess you weren't a Ford Bronco fan.... I started selling Fords in 2013 and customers were already asking about the Bronco... the Bronco didn't come out until 2021.

Reactions: BenjaminD

· Registered
299 Posts
I find it kind of strange that the press release said it had “Decent range “? That’s sort of like saying “It’s somewhat reliable “

· Registered
667 Posts

· Registered
3,445 Posts
Not having individual physical controls for all 4 electric windows & locks would make me feel as if I'd been short-changed.
Maybe....but lots of benefits from doing it this way. No physical mechanism moving to fail, liquid can't be spilled into the buttons, smaller space requirements means more freedom to locate them, cheaper to build and cheaper to repair, programmability for software functionality variations since no physical movement. I don't think it's because Volvo got "lazy".

· Registered
11 Posts
The gear shifter is on the place of the wiperswitch
And the wiperswitch went to the left blinkerswitch as well.
They saved a lot of wire's and other stuff this way.
But this will be the new standard I think, the gear selector on the right side of the steeringwheel

· Registered
391 Posts
Not lazy; but definitely cheap. I don’t know why they a doing this. It has been tried many, many times over the years by various manufacturers and the public always hates it. And on a luxury brand? No. Just say no.

Maybe....but lots of benefits from doing it this way. No physical mechanism moving to fail, liquid can't be spilled into the buttons, smaller space requirements means more freedom to locate them, cheaper to build and cheaper to repair, programmability for software functionality variations since no physical movement. I don't think it's because Volvo got "lazy".

· Registered
8,217 Posts
Most of time the car should be able to figure out I need to drive forward or backward.
Contest: which car will no longer need R/D gear. Just P and push pedal to drive, and a hidden N somewhere for towing. :lol:

· Registered
391 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Not having individual physical controls for all 4 electric windows & locks would make me feel as if I'd been short-changed.
I have an ID.4 and the worst part about hitting the rear button to roll down the back windows is the delay/sensitivity with the touch sensitive switch. What seems strange about this EX30 design is no directional part of the window switch. You may need to slide your finger forward or backward to open or close the window.

The ID.4 has touch sensitive capacitive buttons on its steering wheel and I personally do not mind the buttons. It is just a new way of controlling your ACC, change songs and volume.

The EX30 is designed for younger people so making the interior more modern makes sense.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts