SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
141 - 160 of 198 Posts

· Vendor
809 Posts
I picked my v60 recharge up today.
Anyone have a recommendation on if or where to purchase extended warranties

We can help for sure, just click above and use code SWEDESPEED for the member discount!

Michael Bernardo
Director of Marketing
Steingold Volvo Cars
401-723-4700 x126
[email protected]
www.steingoldvolvocars.com

· Registered
177 Posts
I placed an order June 5th for a v60 Polestar, when the previous tax credit was still available. Finally heard last week the my order got picked up by Volvo and to expect a March delivery. Bummer that I won't receive tax credit under new act, but will still most likely go through with the purchase.
If you had a committed order (via non-refundable deposit), then you should still qualify for the tax credit in the 2023 tax year. This is of course subject to tax policy interpretation but I’ve yet to see any specific cut-off delivery date for committed orders placed prior to the August 16 2022 law change.

· Registered
2023 S60 Recharge T8 Ultimate, Dark Theme, Denim Blue Metallic, Bowers & Wilkins.
279 Posts
If you had a committed order (via non-refundable deposit), then you should still qualify for the tax credit in the 2023 tax year. This is of course subject to tax policy interpretation but I’ve yet to see any specific cut-off delivery date for committed orders placed prior to the August 16 2022 law change.
From the viewpoint of the IRS, what you need is a binding contract prior to August 16 2022.

What is a binding contract? This what the IRS says verbatim. (Plug-In Electric Vehicle Credit IRC 30 and IRC 30D | Internal Revenue Service)

In general, a written contract is binding if it is enforceable under State law and does not limit damages to a specified amount (for example, by use of a liquidated damages provision or the forfeiture of a deposit). While the enforceability of a contract under State law is a facts-and-circumstances determination to be made under relevant State law, if a customer has made a significant non-refundable deposit or down payment, it is an indication of a binding contract. For tax purposes in general, a contract provision that limits damages to an amount equal to at least 5 percent of the total contract price is not treated as limiting damages to a specified amount. For example, if a customer has made a non-refundable deposit or down payment of 5 percent of the total contract price, it is an indication of a binding contract. A contract is binding even if subject to a condition, as long as the condition is not within the control of either party. A contract will continue to be binding if the parties make insubstantial changes in its terms and conditions.

· Registered
3 Posts
From the viewpoint of the IRS, what you need is a binding contract prior to August 16 2022.

What is a binding contract? This what the IRS says verbatim. (Plug-In Electric Vehicle Credit IRC 30 and IRC 30D | Internal Revenue Service)

In general, a written contract is binding if it is enforceable under State law and does not limit damages to a specified amount (for example, by use of a liquidated damages provision or the forfeiture of a deposit). While the enforceability of a contract under State law is a facts-and-circumstances determination to be made under relevant State law, if a customer has made a significant non-refundable deposit or down payment, it is an indication of a binding contract. For tax purposes in general, a contract provision that limits damages to an amount equal to at least 5 percent of the total contract price is not treated as limiting damages to a specified amount. For example, if a customer has made a non-refundable deposit or down payment of 5 percent of the total contract price, it is an indication of a binding contract. A contract is binding even if subject to a condition, as long as the condition is not within the control of either party. A contract will continue to be binding if the parties make insubstantial changes in its terms and conditions.
Since I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer they didn't require a deposit on the the car. After waiting for 2+ months with no word from Volvo and hearing stories of people's non PE T8 orders getting pushed back or altogether getting cancelled, I lost hope and didn't expect that the order would actually get picked up. If I knew for sure that the order would have eventually been picked up, I would have put down a big deposit. But to have several thousand dollars tied up for 6 months to a year on a "maybe" didn't sound great. Everything I have read, sounds like I am SOL.

· Registered
23 Posts
I think I'm one of the fortunate ones. I ordered my v60 ultimate in Oct requesting a March delivery. I got an email from my salesman saying a mid December assembly. Found out on Dec 9 it was actually built the previous day and waiting at the ship terminal for the trip over the pond. Eta to Halifax is mid Jan and then a train/truck ride over to Toronto for a delivery eta on valentines day.

Truthfully it's a bit earlier than I want since I'm still recovering from dumping a boatload of cash on a new house lol

· Registered
350 Posts
I think I'm one of the fortunate ones. I ordered my v60 ultimate in Oct requesting a March delivery. I got an email from my salesman saying a mid December assembly. Found out on Dec 9 it was actually built the previous day and waiting at the ship terminal for the trip over the pond. Eta to Halifax is mid Jan and then a train/truck ride over to Toronto for a delivery eta on valentines day.

Truthfully it's a bit earlier than I want since I'm still recovering from dumping a boatload of cash on a new house lol
Is yours a B6 or a T8? If it's a T8 you got really lucky! Most dealers are saying 1-2 yrs wait and they are not accepting anymore deposits.

· Registered
10 Posts
Nope no news. I’ve given up hope!
the dealer I have my order through told me they have an allocation that hasn't been reserved yet. I also did some googling and Volvo in Ramsey NJ looks like they have a v60 polestar on the lot according to the website but I haven't called them about it - if you want to travel or ship

· Registered
23 Posts
the dealer I have my order through told me they have an allocation that hasn't been reserved yet. I also did some googling and Volvo in Ramsey NJ looks like they have a v60 polestar on the lot according to the website but I haven't called them about it - if you want to travel or ship
Better hurry and put your name in before you lose the chance!

· Registered
2 Posts
I just wanted to share the details of my V60 Polestar order. I initially ordered in July of this year, and the order was entered but not allocated/accepted by Volvo. My order was finally accepted on December 23rd and is scheduled for production in early April. It has an early March order lock date; it's a '23 model. Now I just have to decide between White, Thunder and Silver Dawn. Any input appreciated!

141 - 160 of 198 Posts