SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Vendor
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hmmm, the S60 and V60 have the same prices and model codes on both the PE and PE Extended Range pages.
Yup, looks like the pricing hasn’t been adjusted.

Michael Bernardo
Director of Marketing
Steingold Volvo Cars
766 Broadway
Pawtucket, RI 02861
(401) 723-4700 x126
[email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
The XC60 has disappeared as an available OSD vehicle from the Volvo website, perhaps only temporarily, but watching to see if there are any tweaks when it reappears....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aside from the pricing not being updated, I think it's odd that V60 and S60 have Sensus and the XC60 has Google Automotive. Is that right? They updated the range and powertrain of all of the 60 series this year but only the infotainment on the XC60?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Aside from the pricing not being updated, I think it's odd that V60 and S60 have Sensus and the XC60 has Google Automotive. Is that right? They updated the range and powertrain of all of the 60 series this year but only the infotainment on the XC60?
seems like XC60 is the Google guinea pig (and not doing very well...) The XC90 did not transition to Google either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
seems like XC60 is the Google guinea pig (and not doing very well...) The XC90 did not transition to Google either.
Very odd - It looks like the XC40 EV, XC60, and V90 are the only ones that got it.

I have a Polestar 2 and love the Google OS so it's a pretty key feature on my end... I was dead set on a V60 but might shift to the XC60 for that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just to be clear, all these pricelists are for MY22 (mid-year updates). The Google on some models and Sensus on other models was news ~8 months ago when MY22 was introduced. No mid year changes for infotainment. The S60 V60 XC90 will most certainly get the Google system for MY23.

• 2022 Volvo XC60
  • 2022 Volvo S90
  • 2022 Volvo V90
  • 2022 Volvo V90 Cross Country
Volvo Cars continues the rollout of its new Android-powered infotainment system with Google built in to the XC60, S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country models*, as part of a broader update of its model portfolio.
  • *From model year 2022.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just to be clear, all these pricelists are for MY22 (mid-year updates). The Google on some models and Sensus on other models was news ~8 months ago when MY22 was introduced. No mid year changes for infotainment. The S60 V60 XC90 will most certainly get the Google system for MY23.
Ah, thanks that clarifies it.

I'm new to researching the brand so was under the impression that the extended battery, one pedal drive, and Google Automotive were all part of one update. It made matters more confusing when I spent a lot of time perusing Volvo UK to read about the extended range where they specifically list the V60 as having one pedal drive and Google Automotive.

This leads to another question, do US vehicles have the new drivetrain with the more powerful electric motor and no supercharger? Or do they have the old setup and simply a bigger battery?

I apologize since I know this isnt strictly related to OSD, but the OSD price lists are just the first firmly written thing from Volvo USA regarding the extended range models that I've been able to find.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Volvo UK does have MY23 pricelists up on their site, so I can see why that would be confusing. MY23 pricelists for USA should come in March or April.

I don't know the answer to the engine question. My guess is no supercharger across all "extended range" models.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This leads to another question, do US vehicles have the new drivetrain with the more powerful electric motor and no supercharger? Or do they have the old setup and simply a bigger battery?
turns out the specsheet for the USA MY22 "extended range" has the correct engine info, and not a typo. According to this post. So it does have the supercharger and same horsepower, only difference is bigger battery. Have to wait for MY23 if you want the increased horsepower.

·
Registered
13 Posts
turns out the specsheet for the USA MY22 "extended range" has the correct engine info, and not a typo. According to this post. So it does have the supercharger and same horsepower, only difference is bigger battery. Have to wait for MY23 if you want the increased horsepower.
Geeze, that's disappointing... When does Volvo's model year tick over usually?

Looking at MY23 on European sites, I see the Polestar trim levels have been dropped. Should we assume that this means the V60 PHEV will disappear from the USA for 2023?

I find myself split between wanting to a V60 Polestar now and wanting to wait for a 2023, but worried that the 2023 just flat out won't exist in the USA.

·
Premium Member
2022 V60 T8 PE (2022-07-04 in Göteborg)
98 Posts
Interestingly, the Swedish site has the upgraded ERAD for the V60 T8 but not the V60 PE. I'm not entirely surprised.

No sign of either a PE or even a V60 T8 on the UK site ... though to be fair, IIUC, the US doesn't get T6s so maybe for the US they'd make a V60 T8 ... though the bigger concern being dropping the non-CC V60 all together.

The Italian site/PDF posted earlier did seem to indicate an XC60 PE in MY23: I have been wondering if they would drop the PE altogether.

To @Knolly's comment, I'm betting pretty comfortable getting a MY22 ER V60 PE (if I can) (and as long as they don't take out BLIS, etc.) Heck, I was going to order the earlier year model so the ER is a plus. And I was going to be happy with the 87 HP if I never knew a 145 existed.

So now just to see if Volvo will commit to the MY22. Otherwise I guess I have no choice but to wait and see what MY23 holds in the states for V60s.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Geeze, that's disappointing... When does Volvo's model year tick over usually?
MY2022 OSD released May 18, 2021
MY2021 OSD delayed to August 4, 2020 due to COVID I assume.
MY2020 OSD released mid-April 2019. T8 models delayed.
MY2019 OSD released Apr 4, 2018

related post from Feb 27, 2019
Provisional pricing happens in March and or April. It is not a set date for each year.
No, there isn't an overlap period when you can order either the current model year or the next model year.
Orders will end for the current model year and then orders will begin for the next model year with provisional pricing.
That is correct. Typically deliveries at the factory in Sweden for the next model year vehicles start sometime in mid-summer.
post about production at the factory
For Torslanda, I understood, that in a normal year, the new MY "starts" the last full week of April ~ week 15-17; and then mid-year cycle starts the last full week of Nov. ~ week 46-48.
New MY production usually has had two months of production by the Summer Holiday (July).

·
Registered
13 Posts
To @Knolly's comment, I'm betting pretty comfortable getting a MY22 ER V60 PE (if I can) (and as long as they don't take out BLIS, etc.) Heck, I was going to order the earlier year model so the ER is a plus. And I was going to be happy with the 87 HP if I never knew a 145 existed.
I'm right there with you. I would absolutely be happy with the current setup and extended range (for me ER is a necessity for my commute), but would be a bit bummed if waiting 2 months would have gotten me a more powerful electric motor. But right now it seems equally possible that waiting 2 months would mean not only no more Polestar V60, but no V60 PHEV in the US at all.

I'm just going to move forward with an ER V60 PE to make sure I get the PHEV wagon that I want. Regarding the EV motor power, I'll daydream that one of these days someone will figure out how to swap the T8 electric motor for the Polestar 2's motor. That'd really be something...

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I vaguely recall the Volvo dude in that youtube review on upgraded XC60 seemed a bit dodgy on timeline to USA. Perhaps they ran out of old batteries, but had ERADs left so dumping on NA? Maybe happens for MY23 in spring, or MY23.5 in fall?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ha, I apologize since I feel I derailed this thread trying to figure out what the heck is going on with the model year changes.

Ewww :)

Whereabouts are you, @Knolly?
Indiana in the US. No worries I've since thought about it more and found the error of my ways. Ordering a V60 PE for OSD as soon as my dealer can process it.

·
Premium Member
2022 V60 T8 PE (2022-07-04 in Göteborg)
98 Posts
Sales rep got back to me tonight. Looks like we're on. :) Manu early April, can be picked up early May but we'll shoot for June.

One thing I'm trying to figure out is order configuration numbers. Michael's PDF calls out 225-BK-P5-0-D-1-31. The rep's system calls out 225-H6-P5-0-D-1-31.

Anyone know the difference between BK and H6?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sales rep got back to me tonight. Looks like we're on. :) Manu early April, can be picked up early May but we'll shoot for June.

One thing I'm trying to figure out is order configuration numbers. Michael's PDF calls out 225-BK-P5-0-D-1-31. The rep's system calls out 225-H6-P5-0-D-1-31.

Anyone know the difference between BK and H6?
Volvo’s OSD PDF lists the same code for extended range Polestar models as it does for shorter range cars. My guess is it’s a typo (not the first one on this listing) and the H6 code that your dealer finds is for the new battery. That’s the case for instance for the XC60 a few pages up, which changes from BR (older battery) to H6 (extended range). But truth be said, I really don’t know. That we should spend time speculating which cars we are buying is a little sad. Perhaps Volvo can find out which cars they’re actually selling and help us buyers out and their dealers.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts