SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Bringing the 760 again. The car was featured in the VCOA magazine for this month so if I get it in time I can have the article laminated nicely. Want to take the T5 but I still need to paint a small portion of my bumper. Lost my spayer covers a while ago and may try just painting all of it myself. But there’s no time before Carlisle. Wanna take the wagon but I havent figured out why it wont start. My son is out in CA so he won’t be with me. But I have my bro-in-law coming. He restored a 1981 Lada. Will be parked at the Fiat (that model is based on the Fiat) section just across. He recently bought a mint 2009 auto S60 T5 and had the motor rebuilt. But he is bringing the Lada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: ZZZZZZZ and DFrantz

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Work continues to try and impede on my attendance. Now, may not return home until Thursday night (was Wed). Which gives me Friday to get the AC charged, car washed, polished, and waxed and get down to Carlisle. Somewhere in there I need to prep to be out of town for 1.5 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
Work continues to try and impede on my attendance. Now, may not return home until Thursday night (was Wed). Which gives me Friday to get the AC charged, car washed, polished, and waxed and get down to Carlisle. Somewhere in there I need to prep to be out of town for 1.5 weeks.

Getting your car to the show dirty is still more fun than not getting to the show! And as someone who attended shows without bringing a car for years, I never minded someone having a dirty car... sure beat having a plastic model of their car on their air cleaner (in case I forgot what it looked like while looking at their engine I suppose).

Reactions: Exocet

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Looking forward to it Isaac! That lada looks awesome!!
Bringing the 760 again. The car was featured in the VCOA magazine for this month so if I get it in time I can have the article laminated nicely. Want to take the T5 but I still need to paint a small portion of my bumper. Lost my spayer covers a while ago and may try just painting all of it myself. But there’s no time before Carlisle. Wanna take the wagon but I havent figured out why it wont start. My son is out in CA so he won’t be with me. But I have my bro-in-law coming. He restored a 1981 Lada. Will be parked at the Fiat (that model is based on the Fiat) section just across. He recently bought a mint 2009 auto S60 T5 and had the motor rebuilt. But he is bringing the Lada

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Since it looks like mega rain forecast for Saturday…😑
At least under the cloak of water drops my car will be clean.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive carrying rack

Reactions: DFrantz

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
I do judging for the AACA and everyone's car does better in points when it rains, between hiding the problems and judges not wanting to stand in the rain or look under the car quite so long.

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
100% agree. ;)
I do judging for the AACA and everyone's car does better in points when it rains, between hiding the problems and judges not wanting to stand in the rain or look under the car quite so long.

·
Registered
2009 Volvo V70 3.2, Volvo S60 T5 AW55
323 Posts
anyone attending the rva/voom Cruise to Carlisle?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
route and timeline?
I dm'ed joe and he said to be at the Dunkin around 10:15 am, seems like a blast.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I dm'ed joe and he said to be at the Dunkin around 10:15 am, seems like a blast.

photo was blurry, here's a copy and paste of the post.

Carlisle!! So were doing a cruise and rendezvous with Lester W. III Brown RVA on Friday morning. Meeting at the Dunkin Donuts, yes...i said it , on rt 140 at 10-1015.... 3101 Baltimore Blvd, Finksburg, MD 21048 then cruising to the Gettysburg outlets to Meet up with RVA at
1863 Gettysburg Village Dr, Gettysburg, PA 17325

Dunkins to the outlets is about 35 40 mins. And then from there another 35 40 mins to carlisle. So we should be at the outlets by 11ish....and carlisle 12 ish....give or take traffic and unfortunately some rain showers.

You can respond here, pm, or just show up, if you want to join the caravan of moose.
See ya there!

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Thanks! I'll be there for about 4 hours by the time you arrive. LOL.
We'll look for you!
photo was blurry, here's a copy and paste of the post.

Carlisle!! So were doing a cruise and rendezvous with Lester W. III Brown RVA on Friday morning. Meeting at the Dunkin Donuts, yes...i said it , on rt 140 at 10-1015.... 3101 Baltimore Blvd, Finksburg, MD 21048 then cruising to the Gettysburg outlets to Meet up with RVA at
1863 Gettysburg Village Dr, Gettysburg, PA 17325

Dunkins to the outlets is about 35 40 mins. And then from there another 35 40 mins to carlisle. So we should be at the outlets by 11ish....and carlisle 12 ish....give or take traffic and unfortunately some rain showers.

You can respond here, pm, or just show up, if you want to join the caravan of moose.
See ya there!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks! I'll be there for about 4 hours by the time you arrive. LOL.
We'll look for you!
it'll be nice to see you again!

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Looking forward to it Isaac! That lada looks awesome!!
Likewise! Glad you are gonna make it...

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Figured I’d get started. These glasses are courtesy of @skywolf a few years back as a raffle win at Carlisle.
Tableware Drinkware Liquid Beer Beer glass

Reactions: abcdefghii

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Car washed and waxed. Just need to pack and hit the road!

·
Registered
19,274 Posts
Heading out to the 717.
Car Automotive tail & brake light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Light Gauge

Reactions: Exocet

·
Registered
323 Posts
here's a pic of my car I got yesterday next to another 08 t5. I'll be there today too.

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ and Exocet

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
41 - 60 of 80 Posts