SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I purchased my first Volvo (XC90 T8) just a month ago and pretty happy with it.
There just is one thing bothering me at the moment. I often find two small water pools on my garage where the car was parked at after it is pulled out.
I guess that is where the AC drain dumps water out of the car and I know ACs generate water, but I never noticed this much water drop from any of my cars I have owned. (MB slk350, Chrysler pacifica).
So one day I videoed under the XC90 while AC was running, and I saw two holes on the bottom shields which I thought were for water to drop through. But water rather overflows and dropped from the sides of the shield.

Questions to other owners.
  • Do you also notice significant amount of water drop after/during AC running? The first picture is the water drop on the ground after about 30 seconds of AC running.
  • Are the two circle holes on the shields supposed to be the path to the water drain? Or is it normal the water overflows from the sides of the shields rather than dropping through the holes? The 3 red circles I put on the 2nd picture are where water drops from.

FYI the wheel in the pictures is the driver side front wheel to give sense of the location of the shields.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have been noticing more water than with the T6. I think it has to do with the battery conditioners but I am not certain. They are about the same size as yours and other than noticing the dry area which used to have water in it, I don't notice them. I start the parking climate more than 50% of the time in the summer (now).

·
Registered
95 Posts
As referenced above, I would think that the extensive cooling required for the battery system (the system for which is why I believe no Recharge models have room for fog lights) would discharge some extra H2O.

Reactions: wsu1027

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot all. Yes that makes sense this model needs extra cooling for battery and now I am relieved knowing it is normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts