SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 miles on new 2021 XC60 and it sputtered and stopped when I tried to start it after it sat for a few hours in a parking lot. Got a turtle shaped warning icon on instrument screen. Took it to the dealership and they “opened a case “ with Volvo. Volvo gave them the go ahead to replace the fuel pump. Service told me it is the second 2021 XC60 they have done.
“A known problem” they said.
After 15 good years with my XC90, I am sad. I would never have bought this one had I known they ere experiencing this major problem out of the gate!

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I'd hardly say "known problem" at this point. I've done way more P2 fuel pumps than SPA fuel pumps.

This is a good post to prove the theory many of the people who come to forums come to complain though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd hardly say "known problem" at this point. I've done way more P2 fuel pumps than SPA fuel pumps.

This is a good post to prove the theory many of the people who come to forums come to complain though.
The Volvo service department told me this was a known problem for the 2021 Xc60 T6, what can I say? And yep, after spending as much as I did, I figured this was not something to brush off lightly.

·
Registered
237 Posts
No matter how much people spend, they don't expect the car to have a problem early (and they shouldn't).

But things do fail.
Just be glad you don't work for alfa. I can't imagine the amount of people that complain over those. I had one go into limp mode during a test drive that only had 30 ish miles on it and when I got in the seat belt adjuster was already broken... needless to say I didn't buy an alfa lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't the fuel pump issues simply just a fuse replacement?
Isn't the fuel pump issues simply just a fuse replacement?
No matter how much people spend, they don't expect the car to have a problem early (and they shouldn't).

But things do fail.
[/QUOTE[/
I read there's a recall on the 2019 and 2020 Volvos for the fuse. This is a 2021 and they are replacing the entire pump. I am curious as to what is going on and hopefully the service technician will know more next time I speak with him.
I know things break either right off the bat or at the end of their design life. I bought this car because I figured I was reaching the end of the design life on my 2007 XC90, ha!

·
Registered
76 Posts
My first thought also.
Probably only the fuel pump fuse recall.
I think its a 5 minute swap to a fuse with more amps. (From 15 to 20 i believe).
So nothing to get upset about imo. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts