SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure who asked about it but I could not find it so I just wanted to post it here.

As 2021 AM is not available directly there is an app TuneIn app to get it.

Hope this helps original person asking the question.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I’m surprised that Volvo got rid of the AM band since the AM band is used by states and localities for highway advisory radio stations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure where you're located, but there's a bunch of AM stations that feed off of FM HD channels, you can try that to see if you can find the AM channel you're looking for on an FM HD channel...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure who asked about it but I could not find it so I just wanted to post it here.

As 2021 AM is not available directly there is an app TuneIn app to get it.

Hope this helps original person asking the question.
I just purchased a 2021 V60 CC, and it still has AM radio available in Sensus.

Perhaps this just applies to the T8, they’ve never had AM radio from the beginning.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Volvo didn't get rid of AM for 2021 models. If you have a 2021 without it and it isn't a T8, it will be added in an upcoming software update.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Volvo didn't get rid of AM for 2021 models. If you have a 2021 without it and it isn't a T8, it will be added in an upcoming software update.
I was told by article in Volvo club magazine interview Volvo management that it’s all 2021 models.

If you’re car has it I would think it’s build in 2020 or with old components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was told by article in Volvo club magazine interview Volvo management that it’s all 2021 models.

My 2021 T6 does not have it. July 2020 build. I don't use AM radio anyways.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts

As Tech said, if a 2021 model doesn’t have it it’ll be added back through a software update.

My ‘21 V60CC was built in 9/2020 and has it—that’s all I know. Maybe the “no AM” thing only applies to certain markets, not the US?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts

Well that is incorrect. There is a TJ from July about it saying the software will add in later in the year (Q4). So it should be soon.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that is incorrect. There is a TJ from July about it saying the software will add in later in the year (Q4). So it should be soon.
Possible, I’m simply staying what I read.

Maybe they learn about the AM emergency system in USA and they are going back.

I am however wondering how can this be corrected with just software as if it was just software in the first place why remove it?

There is zero cost savings if it’s just software.

It will be interesting to see the outcome.

Anyway as I stated in my original post and why I started this thread. If people don’t have it now and want it they can use the app.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As a software engineer I can definitively say features aren't free
I agree to implement however, it would also cost remove it vs cost savings.

So why pay to have some one change the programing to remove it you know?

Unless you need the storage space which I highly doubt it why pay to remove it.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
The TJ said there was a configuration issue at production. I don't know exactly what that means. But I don't think they removed it as any sort of cost savings. They knew they would be delivered without AM radio and it would be added before they were delivered. It applies through week 45.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The TJ said there was a configuration issue at production. I don't know exactly what that means. But I don't think they removed it as any sort of cost savings. They knew they would be delivered without AM radio and it would be added before they were delivered. It applies through week 45.
Interesting, especially that other cars where shipped with it right?

Like why there was no configuration issue with 2020 models and others before?

However, things get missed sometimes and sometimes things are not logical until you know the stupid reason sometimes behind a major production deal or in Field service update.

I definitely believe your information.

And I guess this thread is now pointless as AM is coming back and you don’t need to use the app.

So for people that don’t have AM they can then go to a dealership for software update Tech?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Interesting, especially that other cars where shipped with it right?

Like why there was no configuration issue with 2020 models and others before?

However, things get missed sometimes and sometimes things are not logical until you know the stupid reason sometimes behind a major production deal or in Field service update.

I definitely believe your information.

And I guess this thread is now pointless as AM is coming back and you don’t need to use the app.

So for people that don’t have AM they can then go to a dealership for software update Tech?

Yes. The TJ says it will be updated when the update is available. Then it will be added to 2021s that didn't have it (as long as it isn't a T8).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts