SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just flunked a state inspection for rear inner tire wear (sigh). I had replaced busing no. 5 on the powerflex chart hoping the elimination of the toe in the OEM bushing was designed to provide on abrupt braking would help with the rear tire wear. But no joy.

I had been buying Nokian zlines A/S for $70 per, but the price seems to have ballooned (COVID economics?). Are these still the best compromise of cost and performance, if so, does anything know of some bargains? Otherwise, I'm open to other suggestions.

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
Maybe driving style or whatever, but I have had a set of zlines and they have worn very nicely without any mods. I'll have to look at what mile I put them on, but I've been impressed. Clean up well, quiet, do well on all sorts of pavement types. Shame that everything balloons. I am about to buy a set for the s60. They look like they're 103 a piece at Walmart and that's a 20% hit from what I spent last time!

Just flunked a state inspection for rear inner tire wear (sigh). I had replaced busing no. 5 on the powerflex chart hoping the elimination of the toe in the OEM bushing was designed to provide on abrupt braking would help with the rear tire wear. But no joy.

I had been buying Nokian zlines A/S for $70 per, but the price seems to have ballooned (COVID economics?). Are these still the best compromise of cost and performance, if so, does anything know of some bargains? Otherwise, I'm open to other suggestions.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
zLines FTW

·
Registered
136 Posts
No one recommend Goodyear F1 AS 5? Quite good in overall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe driving style or whatever, but I have had a set of zlines and they have worn very nicely without any mods. I'll have to look at what mile I put them on, but I've been impressed. Clean up well, quiet, do well on all sorts of pavement types. Shame that everything balloons. I am about to buy a set for the s60. They look like they're 103 a piece at Walmart and that's a 20% hit from what I spent last time!
Got them from Walmart. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts