SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Community,

New XC90 owner. Cant say that Ive been very happy as of late. Ive owned the car going on 2 week and have had to bring it in twice for service. Primarily because of vibration while driving. It got better when they "road balanced" the tires and then they said they swapped out tires. Then I had to go back because the car was pulling to the left and had them perform an alignment. Then when I finally receive and was driving it home, i couldnt help to notice that it was still vibrating.

Do these cars naturally have a bumpy ride? Do you feel all road feedback or is that isolated to my vehicle?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m new to Volvo and just bought a new 2019. Check to make sure your tires aren’t over inflated. I do get more road feedback than other SUV’s that I have owned but I do like the feedback. I did noticed on my last service my tires were inflated to 46 psi which made the ride a little too bumpy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello Community,

New XC90 owner. Cant say that Ive been very happy as of late. Ive owned the car going on 2 week and have had to bring it in twice for service. Primarily because of vibration while driving. It got better when they "road balanced" the tires and then they said they swapped out tires. Then I had to go back because the car was pulling to the left and had them perform an alignment. Then when I finally receive and was driving it home, i couldnt help to notice that it was still vibrating.

Do these cars naturally have a bumpy ride? Do you feel all road feedback or is that isolated to my vehicle?
XC90 drive smooth... do you notice vibrations at all speeds, or maybe when the speed increases to 60, 70, or 80mph?

I noticed my XC90 will vibrate at 70-80mph. So I rotated the wheels... not that it would solve the vibration but it was just time to do it. And I tightened the lugs down in a star ⭐ pattern to center the wheel perfectly on the hub using a torque wrench.

That smoothed out the vibration for me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m new to Volvo and just bought a new 2019. Check to make sure your tires aren’t over inflated. I do get more road feedback than other SUV’s that I have owned but I do like the feedback. I did noticed on my last service my tires were inflated to 46 psi which made the ride a little too bumpy.
What PSI did you set it to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts