SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new information on the 2020 XC90 release? I say that OSD order information was up, but wondering when we can expect the official information and pricing for local orders? Lease ending in August and I need to make a decision. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Any new information on the 2020 XC90 release? I say that OSD order information was up, but wondering when we can expect the official information and pricing for local orders? Lease ending in August and I need to make a decision. Thanks.
Not sure about the 20 but there's a great Costco program now on the 19's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the Costco program to lease my 17, was hoping to do the same for my 20. Don't think they have a 19 in stock that would work at this point and you can't order them anymore.

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
The MSRP on OSD list is semi-official and should be very close to what VCUSA will announce. I don't think they want to change MSRP much in several months time frame, several hundred bucks at most maybe.

The thing is MY2020 doesn't seem to be quite difference than MY2019. This is the delimma for leasing. You have to replace the car after lease expires. If there is an option to extend the lease for 2 more years, it would be ideal while waiting for the new models. I think it is good to lease a MY2019 with the good discount, and get an all-new XC90 3 years later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I can at most extend it by 3 months. The 2020 t8 is potentially going to have worthwhile upgrades.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know if you lease a T8 if the dealer would potentially credit the tax incentives toward the purchase price?

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Anyone know if you lease a T8 if the dealer would potentially credit the tax incentives toward the purchase price?
It is all about how soon they want to sell the car. Usually they should deduct the tax cred from the price.

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
I think I can at most extend it by 3 months. The 2020 t8 is potentially going to have worthwhile upgrades.
Still, if you can find a MY2019 T8, your lease payment is lower than MY2020, and after 3 years, you will get lower lease on MY2022 T8.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do you know how much the Costco discount is? I’m looking at purchasing and debating between a 2019 and a cpo 2018.
Some other forums are saying it's 6% off MSRP and $1000 rebate. General opinion is it's fairly watered down compared to previous Costco/A Plan offerings.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My local dealer is offering 4k off of invoice and there is another 1k off for being a Costco member. That would bring the price of the T6 inscription I wanted to 64k. Should I expect to do better? This is for a 2019 model. I am able to just get out of my lease early if I proceed. The only car he located that has everything I wanted has about another $700 in options that I didn't want, so I'm thinking of asking him to go down the $700. Thoughts?

·
Registered
994 Posts
If you are shopping for a T8 keep in mind that 2020 should have a more powerful ERAD, larger battery, and increased electric range.

Sent from my Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are shopping for a T8 keep in mind that 2020 should have a more powerful ERAD, larger battery, and increased electric range.

Sent from my Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk
That's why I was leaning towards waiting for the 2020 T8, but the price will be much higher as I don't think the T8 is part of the Costco program.

·
Registered
348 Posts
My local dealer is offering 4k off of invoice and there is another 1k off for being a Costco member. That would bring the price of the T6 inscription I wanted to 64k. Should I expect to do better? This is for a 2019 model. I am able to just get out of my lease early if I proceed. The only car he located that has everything I wanted has about another $700 in options that I didn't want, so I'm thinking of asking him to go down the $700. Thoughts?
If you don't want the options, don't get the car.
It doesn't make economic sense for the dealer.
I didn't really want a Bentley, so I asked the dealer to give me the car free of charge.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I was able to get them to lower the money factor and that saved me just over the $700, so all good. "I didn't really want a Bentley, so I asked the dealer to give me the car free of charge" that's a pretty stupid statement. I asked an honest question and it was unnecessary.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I was able to get them to lower the money factor and that saved me just over the $700, so all good.
Congrats! We’re looking forward to the pictures of your new vehicle when you get it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you live in Southern California, you can get close to 19% off MSRP on a new 2019 T6 XC90 Inscription or R-Design. Just got one last week -- MSRP was about $68k, paid about $55k. There are several SoCal dealerships with over a hundred 2019 XC90s sitting on their lots. Here is an example of the advertised discount on the Volvo San Diego website: MSRP:$75,675 / Savings:$11,000 / Hassle-Free Price:$64,675. I did not buy from that dealership but purchased from Volvo Cars of Orange County.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used Costco program to get a deal from dealer I had no plans of working with (they had really bad reviews), then I went to dealer close to me with good reviews with the deal, they had something bit more optioned and I got them to do better deal to keep me from going back to Costco guys. Then I found a car with exactly same options at a dealer 100 miles away, called them, they beat my dealers deal. I took that deal, went back to my original guy and said I am going to buy from the other guys. "VP of Finance" was really pissy, so I just said bye. Hour later he emails me deal 2 grand lower. So here you go. Costco is a very good deal, but you can work it and get it even better, especially if you are getting more optioned car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts