SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I decided to replace my 2015 XC70 with a new XC60. Following my March visit to the dealership in Toronto, Canada I discovered that all base model 2019 XC60 T5 were sold and the only option (if I wanted the base model) was to place an order for 2020 XC60. So I did. The delivery date given to me was July 20. Last month I was informed it was changed to October 20.

Another annoying thing is that 2020 XC60 model does not come with leather seats as in previous years. An artificial leather is now a default and for a real leather there is a charge of CAD $1,500.

Anyway, I’m hoping that some of you have more knowledge in the areas listed below and are willing to share it.

1. Is it normal to wait 8 month for XC60 factory order?
2. Is there any way to trace Volvo factory order?
3. Is there a correlation between waiting time and a shift of XC60 production from Sweden to China?
4. Are there any more changes between 2019 and 2020 XC60 than seats cover material?

Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hi Guys,

I decided to replace my 2015 XC70 with a new XC60. Following my March visit to the dealership in Toronto, Canada I discovered that all base model 2019 XC60 T5 were sold and the only option (if I wanted the base model) was to place an order for 2020 XC60. So I did. The delivery date given to me was July 20. Last month I was informed it was changed to October 20.

Another annoying thing is that 2020 XC60 model does not come with leather seats as in previous years. An artificial leather is now a default and for a real leather there is a charge of CAD $1,500.

Anyway, I’m hoping that some of you have more knowledge in the areas listed below and are willing to share it.

2. Is there any way to trace Volvo factory order?
3. Is there a correlation between waiting time and a shift of XC60 production from Sweden to China?
4. Are there any more changes between 2019 and 2020 XC60 than seats cover material?

Appreciate any input.
I don’t have input on the questions you’ve asked but I do have a 2017 XC90 with leather Comfort seats and a 2019 S60 with “vegan leather” comfort seats and they are remarkably close with respect to feel and look; I’m not sure I would know if the salesman lied to me and told me the pleather was leather. I also haven’t noticed any difference wrt comfort, IE: the vinyl being hotter or sweatier. I have a feeling though that the vinyl will look better in 5 years than the leather.

Just an FYI.....

PS, have you considered Overseas Delivery since you have to wait that long anyway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
XC60 production for USA has been moved back to Sweden. So maybe Torslanda factory now is over booked and hence the overall delay.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I waited almost 4 months for a factory order for a 2019 T6 XC60 (Sep -Dec 2018)...Also from Toronto dealer. I didnt like what was left on the floor.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you order the luxury seat package you get leather. But you also get heat, ventilation, and massage. I drive a lot and love the massage feature. It isn’t very strong but it is very comfortable...

Also agree with the suggestion to consider OSD. It is a terrific experience, so much fun!

·
Registered
686 Posts
agree with overseas delivery. whole experience is just out of bounds great.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I ordered a xc60 polestar 2020 about a week or two ago, and build date was Sept for an Oct delivery. Not sure why the lag is so long.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I ordered a xc60 polestar 2020 about a week or two ago, and build date was Sept for an Oct delivery. Not sure why the lag is so long.
Delay for T8 is longer maybe. T6 could be 3 months so 4 months sounds normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 2020 XC60 arrived after 7 months of waiting. Now is one month since I took a delivery. I basically love this car. It's true the sound of T5 engine is close to the sound of diesel engine. It doesn't bother me at all. I really enjoy it. I was afraid that acceleration wouldn't be good enough comparing to my previous 3.2 XC70s. I'm finding it fully sufficient (is it a sign of getting older? :)).
There is one thing which bothers me (or rather bothered me during first weeks of ownership). I'm referring to a fob. it's simply ugly, looks and feels like an ordinary black plastic. I expected some aluminum or other metal since Volvo aspires to be a luxury brand.

·
Registered
724 Posts
You are supposed to have three fobs - one that is black plastic and water proof and two that are covered with microfiber that matches your upholstery.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is one thing which bothers me (or rather bothered me during first weeks of ownership). I'm referring to a fob. it's simply ugly, looks and feels like an ordinary black plastic. I expected some aluminum or other metal since Volvo aspires to be a luxury brand.
didn’t yours come with leather cover? Ours did, and matched in color/feel with our maroon brown seats. And we then splurged and bought the walnut wood covers for on of the 2 key fobs 😁 Both actually feel pretty premium to me!

Geoff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
didn’t yours come with leather cover?

Geoff
Nope. Just two black plastic fobs (including black, plastic buttons on sides) plus a metal key. My car came from China (all 2020 XC60 Momentum) for Canadian market are supposed to be coming from China. I’m wondering if my fobs are part of the Chinese package :(

·
Registered
997 Posts
I just carry the tiny no button fob and use my phone if needing to ping the car in a parking lot or lock remotely. I hope to never have to carry one of those bug ugly bulky car fobs again..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nope. Just two black plastic fobs (including black, plastic buttons on sides) plus a metal key. My car came from China (all 2020 XC60 Momentum) for Canadian market are supposed to be coming from China. I’m wondering if my fobs are part of the Chinese package :(
I think at some point the momentum comes with plastic key fobs now where as the R/Inscrip has the leather wrapped ones. If it really bothers you i'm sure you can find some blanks online and just port the guts over or something.

Also from TO and waited about 6 months for our car a couple years back. There are some nuances coming from a MB but it's offset by many thoughtful features + safety is big for me so the family only has MB and Volvos. My issues with Volvo and our dealer is well documented but having lived with the car for 2 years now I don't think i would consider any other SUV given the perfect sized nature of this car + it just looks soo good

PS: the fake leathers on all these new cars are really good and in fact i almost prefer them as they show no wear years down the road

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
I was afraid that acceleration wouldn't be good enough comparing to my previous 3.2 XC70s.
You've gotta be kidding? The new T5 blows the doors off the tractor motor 3.2. The old 6 speeds sometimes would feel quicker because the jerky transmission, but trust me, the 3.2 was left out in pasture and no one misses it.

For the US market we get leather seats standard, while last year we had to pay for leather upgrade. Interesting that it switch for Canada. For our market you can get the MSRP for a 2020 Momentum with Multimedia Package and Leather seats to be quite cheaper than the 2019 with same build and the rebates aren't all the different currently. I think I still have 7 2019s optioned as such... we'll be taking a loss to move them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nope. Just two black plastic fobs (including black, plastic buttons on sides) plus a metal key. My car came from China (all 2020 XC60 Momentum) for Canadian market are supposed to be coming from China. I’m wondering if my fobs are part of the Chinese package
interesting. I bought my car last year and it was from Sweden. I'm also in Canada. I have the Inscription so I have the leather fob.

What a coincidence. I did actually wait 8 months for my factory order. I also bought the car in March. The colors and packages they had in the lot at the time I didn't find one I liked. The dealer explained to me that I just missed their order deadline for them to arrive in July, and Volvo factories are incapable of mass production for quality control reasons. I have to wait for their next order. So yeah it took about 6 months waiting. Then they said the order was about to be sent and if I needed last minute changes I can still get them in. In production and waited 2 more months for it to arrive. I didn't mind to wait that long, ended up getting the first 2019's instead of the last 2018's.

Also with the trade tarrifs "war" between countries, not surprising if production is further delayed.

Did you ask the dealer why that long?

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC60 Momentum T6
121 Posts
When I started looking at Volvo's in March/2019 to replace my Lincoln MKC, the dealer did not have one with options that I wanted but there was one that was already on order (I don't know when they had placed the order). It was a 2019 T6 Momentum with all option packages except for the audio system. It was scheduled for arrival at the dealer Jun 10. It did not arrive until July 4. The lease on my Lincoln ended June 23 (which the Volvo dealer was aware of when I signed the deal in March) so they provided me with a rental vehicle (Hyundai Tucson) until my Volvo arrived. The Volvo came from China via San Francisco where it was shipped by train/transport to Toronto. I have since heard that the XC60 production has moved or will be moved out of China due to the high tariffs imposed. The car came with 2 key fobs with all the buttons for lock/unlocking as well as the compact waterproof fob.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
You can order a leather Key shell 31652208, (Inscription or R Design) pair is about $ 120 but before that, read this

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?593389-Key-Fob-wear-and-tear&highlight=fob+key

1 - 20 of 21 Posts