SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos from my model year 2020 drive in Banff Canada this week. One of the vehicles I was able to drive was the 2020 XC60 T8 Polestar.
- 415hp
- 370mm (14.5-inch) gold front brakes
- 22-inch Polestar Engineered wheels
- Polestar unique gloss black front grille. The R-design retains the satin silk front grille for 2020 even though it shares the other gloss black accents.

IMG_3090.jpg IMG_3389.jpg IMG_3270.jpg IMG_3325.jpg IMG_3078.jpg

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just wish they retained bursting blue or at least denim blue. Looking forward to the drive reports!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not a huge SUV fan (yet?) but damn that is a great looking one! Performance numbers are impressive as well. However the white Polestar logo on front/back is simply awful and like someone just stuck it on the grill as an afterthought, completely interrupting the cool, aggressive look. MB, BMW, Audi, Jag, even Lexus have a much more integrated look to their high performance logos. Can't Volvo do better than this one?

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Just wish they retained bursting blue or at least denim blue. Looking forward to the drive reports!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeh, really no idea what makes them think sporty drivers don't like Bursting Blue or Fusion Red?
P*Engineered cars are all white/gray/black colors?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sorry but I’m holding out for the P* 2 that I have on order, supposedly for 2020: 400 hp, way more torque, no engine/transmission/differentials, etc., so less weight despite the bigger battery, not much (any?) more money. OK, the hatch probably has less cargo capacity.

Really don’t like hybrids because they are more complex and heavier than equivalent gasoline or all-electric with relatively minimal efficiency gains. The battery in my P* 2 should pay for itself in premium fuel savings by the time it needs replacement, which besides brakes and shocks should be about all the maintenance and replacement it will need in the first 200k km or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Sorry but I’m holding out for the P* 2 that I have on order, supposedly for 2020: 400 hp, way more torque, no engine/transmission/differentials, etc., so less weight despite the bigger battery, not much (any?) more money. OK, the hatch probably has less cargo capacity.

Really don’t like hybrids because they are more complex and heavier than equivalent gasoline or all-electric with relatively minimal efficiency gains. The battery in my P* 2 should pay for itself in premium fuel savings by the time it needs replacement, which besides brakes and shocks should be about all the maintenance and replacement it will need in the first 200k km or so.

But P*2 is much smaller than XC60 or V60, and of course less luxury interior and no B&W audio.
If they build one same space as S60/V60, it could be much more attractive. Hopefully they will offer one in the future.

Hybrid power train is not much more complex anyways. The price is high because it is based on XC60. P*2 is based on the least costly Volvo platform.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
But P*2 is much smaller than XC60 or V60, and of course less luxury interior and no B&W audio.
If they build one same space as S60/V60, it could be much more attractive. Hopefully they will offer one in the future.

Hybrid power train is not much more complex anyways. The price is high because it is based on XC60. P*2 is based on the least costly Volvo platform.
Don’t know about the size until I sit in it but you are likely correct, although with no engine the cabin is usually more spacious for the same size platform.

Comes loaded including premium everything and the large yellow brakes but no leather (it’s a Volvo, save the planet thing).

Sorry but in addition to the motor(s), control systems, and big battery, a hybrid also has the full engine and (usually) drivetrain of a gasoline-engined version. A couple years ago a California limo company compared the 300k mile fuel and maintenance costs of a Mercedes S-Class and Tesla Model S in its fleet, each of which were approximately the same purchase price: $80k for the Mercedes vs $10k for the Tesla.

Love, and will probably keep, our ‘16 V60RD 3.0, which is one of the best gasoline-engined vehicles Volvo has ever, or is ever going to make. But if the P* 2 works out, it will likely be the last gasoline-engined vehicle we will ever own.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
I only sit in the back when it was on tour here. Because of battery beneath, the floor is not as low as normal sedan so rear passenger will feel more compacted. Front maybe better.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
More like an SUV sedan.

Had a Tesla Model 3 AWD on order but cancelled last year when they couldn’t deliver it in time before $14k in incentives ended here in Ontario

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey Chris,

Any update on the V60 Polestar Engineered? Didn't look like it was included in any of the write-ups I've seen.

Here are some photos from my model year 2020 drive in Banff Canada this week. One of the vehicles I was able to drive was the 2020 XC60 T8 Polestar.
- 415hp
- 370mm (14.5-inch) gold front brakes
- 22-inch Polestar Engineered wheels
- Polestar unique gloss black front grille. The R-design retains the satin silk front grille for 2020 even though it shares the other gloss black accents.

View attachment 54309 View attachment 54311 View attachment 54313 View attachment 54315 View attachment 54317

·
Registered
997 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts

yeah, I think this one is going to have to be the wait and see approach. the truth is that Tesla is still way out in front of the pack (albeit not so much with fit and finish and options) with electric tech, range, charging options, and auto pilot. I think that will change, but probably a couple years out.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
WHatsup with that ride height?? Barf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts