SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got back from a great OSD trip to pick up our V90CC. Since we're probably some of the first to take delivery of a MY2020 V90CC, I wanted to point out a change from previous model years that surprised us a bit. For 2020, Volvo removed the buttons in the cargo hold that fold the rear seats. I confirmed with the manager at the FDC that this was a deliberate change. He indicated that most owners don't use the buttons, and it allowed them to remove some complexity from the vehicle. So, if you're looking at 2020 vehicles, don't be surprised when the buttons aren't there.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Well - he's got a point. I've never used mine either. Let us know if there are any other changes you find and congratulations on the V90CC!

Good to see a Volvo hitting the streets of Metro Detroit. It's a Volvo desert up there. I can be up there a whole week and never see another wagon (aside from the one I'm driving lol).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I need to update my location... Just moved to Minnesota. We were excited about having such a unique vehicle in Detroit, but now in the Twin Cities we know someone who will have an identical Maple Brown V90CC....

As for other changes, we'll see what we find. We only had 5 days with the car in Sweden and won't get it in the states until Dec.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had discussed this earlier in a post. The OSD people were sadly not informed what other changes were made to the 2020 besides this but we agreed this is cost cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
This is sad. Maybe I should be glad I got my V90 when I did.

2018 - Audio aux port - gone.
2020 - Push a button to fold the rear seats - gone.

What's next? Maybe we're taking it the wrong way and they're going to delete the physical buttons and let you do it through the infotainment screen on cars with the Android system... right?

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's an example of the nickel-and-dime cost cutting that is common in the auto industry. In 2016 I bought an XC60, and my wife an XC70. Both had been de-contented. The XC60 lost the compass in the mirror, and perhaps more since I had no basis of comparison. Her XC70 lost the compass in the mirror and also the net cargo barrier that came with her two previous XC70s.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
The mirror compass on the XC60 is part of the Premium Package and is still offered.

The net cargo barrier is still included with the wagons in other markets, just not in the US. That is something I wish I had in my V90.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts