SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a notification on the dash this evening that the "SRS airbag requires service" and that I should go to a "workshop" right away. My car is basically brand new, with less than 5k miles. I'm planning to go over to the dealership first thing tomorrow morning, but am wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just got a notification on the dash this evening that the "SRS airbag requires service" and that I should go to a "workshop" right away. My car is basically brand new, with less than 5k miles. I'm planning to go over to the dealership first thing tomorrow morning, but am wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.
Give it a few days. I had this exact thing happen. Called to make an appointment and first available was three weeks out, which I scheduled. Two days later it went away. At the same time my auto interior lights stopped working, they came back the same time the SRS message went away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An intermittent airbag failure is concerning... The car's under warranty, so I took it in this morning and said I wasn't driving a car without functioning airbags and I needed a loaner. Unfortunately, they were out of Volvo loaners, so I'm stuck driving a Nissan Rogue for a couple of days.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
No one here can say anything useful. Let the dealer handle it, such a broad error could have many causes and any one's previous experience doesn't apply to you.

Reactions: Tech

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't think the OP was necessarily looking for a solution. Perhaps the OP was more curious as to how others were affected. Perhaps wondering how widespread is the issue. Obviously letting the dealer handle it as was stated. Perhaps the OP found jlo's comment as interesting as I did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think the OP was necessarily looking for a solution. Perhaps the OP was more curious as to how others were affected. Perhaps wondering how widespread is the issue. Obviously letting the dealer handle it as was stated. Perhaps the OP found jlo's comment as interesting as I did.
Yep, exactly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Service center just called and supposedly my car just needed a software update. Maybe, whatever the bug is, most owners have already gotten it fixed without realizing there was an issue as part of a normal scheduled service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts