SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have the exact specs of the Polestar package for the T5's (S60, V60, V60CC). It was not listed in the dealer options when I pre-ordered my V60 CC, but has subsequently been added to the customer "build" options. Precious little info about what you get, and 2018 MY info is still on the "Polestar" pages. I know about the horsepower/torque improvements, shift and throttle mapping, but are there any chassis/suspension improvements? Drive mode selector is mentioned as a separate option.
https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/...-awd/personalize/optional-equipment?s=B6NJK8K

·
Registered
234 Posts
Polestar optimization only modifies engine, transmission, and drive train software. No other chassis/suspension/cosmetic changes besides an additional white badge of honor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you are talking about the optimization package, there are no changes to the factory suspension settings. The only changes are what you mentioned in your post along with the ability of supplying more than 50% power to the rear wheels when either the Dynamic mode is enabled or ESC is turned off.

I am wondering if it would make sense to swap out the rear sway bar with the R Design sway bar. FWD bias cars have an understeer bias, and normally increasing the stiffness of the rear sway bar helps bring the understeer to a more neutral bias. I ordered my V60 cc through OSD. When it gets to the dealer in a couple of months, I plan on asking about the rear sway bar.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is the part that is confusing (straight from the Polestar option description on the V60CC site): "To get the most out of the Polestar Engineered Optimization software, we strongly recommend that you add our optional drive mode selector."
Isn't the drive mode selector standard equipment?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, it is standard. So not sure what they are referring to.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you are talking about the optimization package, there are no changes to the factory suspension settings. The only changes are what you mentioned in your post along with the ability of supplying more than 50% power to the rear wheels when either the Dynamic mode is enabled or ESC is turned off.

I am wondering if it would make sense to swap out the rear sway bar with the R Design sway bar. FWD bias cars have an understeer bias, and normally increasing the stiffness of the rear sway bar helps bring the understeer to a more neutral bias. I ordered my V60 cc through OSD. When it gets to the dealer in a couple of months, I plan on asking about the rear sway bar.
Hi GordonC
Please post the results of your inquiry about the rear sway bar for the V60CC. I'll be ordering a V60 RD via OSD with sports suspension in the T-5. I would be interested in a rear bar myself. Since Volvo is using a central leaf spring configuration in the rear instead of coil springs I think an anti sway bar might be a great help to control the rear end. BTW...IMO..While testing the V60 CC I found way to much body sway and lean for my personal taste in a car. My choice was clearly for the road hugging V60 R, even with just a T-6 FWD. The sometime rear wheel drive and the extra ground clearance is a negative for myself and my wife. I know...Sorry SUV lovers and Crossover liker's...I have an unpopular view of the automotive trend. One of these years low slung cars will be back in style...They are fun to drive!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi GordonC
Please post the results of your inquiry about the rear sway bar for the V60CC. I'll be ordering a V60 RD via OSD with sports suspension in the T-5. I would be interested in a rear bar myself. Since Volvo is using a central leaf spring configuration in the rear instead of coil springs I think an anti sway bar might be a great help to control the rear end. BTW...IMO..While testing the V60 CC I found way to much body sway and lean for my personal taste in a car. My choice was clearly for the road hugging V60 R, even with just a T-6 FWD. The sometime rear wheel drive and the extra ground clearance is a negative for myself and my wife. I know...Sorry SUV lovers and Crossover liker's...I have an unpopular view of the automotive trend. One of these years low slung cars will be back in style...They are fun to drive!
I also ordered my 2020 V60 cc through OSD. Will be in Europe in October and receiving it stateside in December. I'm actually coming from a BMW 4 series coupe and needed a more practical car for hauling and camping. I was willing to give up some of the "performance" handling for the trade-off. However, I did opt for the Polestar option. I am hoping that with a stiffer rear sway bar, I can minimize the lean factor and have a more engaged driving experience. I know I will miss the Bimmer, but it's all good. I'll let you know if the V60 R sports a stiffer rear sway bar than the V60 cc and if it can be swapped.

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
695 Posts
I'll let you know if the V60 R sports a stiffer rear sway bar than the V60 cc and if it can be swapped.
What did you end up doing with the sway bar?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
What did you end up doing with the sway bar?
I do know on the T6/T8 models, the S60/V60 from momentum to Polestar, all share the same rear bar part number using VIDA to check. Sport chassis only changes the front bar to same as the Polestar on T6. I only checked across T6/T8 though, too many variations to also check CC and T5, so there may be options.

Transverse leaf springs actually have a natural "anti-roll" effect, so Volvo may have gotten all the additional roll control they wanted by virtue of the sportier trims having stiffer rear leaf springs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is the part that is confusing (straight from the Polestar option description on the V60CC site): "To get the most out of the Polestar Engineered Optimization software, we strongly recommend that you add our optional drive mode selector."
They are referring to the optional Four C adaptive suspension.

·
Registered
297 Posts
In certain markets, the drive mode selector is not standard. For the US market, this this is a standard feature.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts