SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealers are starting to receive the 2020 XC60. Anyone heard of any changes that would make one pass up a good deal on a 2019?

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Dealers are starting to receive the 2020 XC60. Anyone heard of any changes that would make one pass up a good deal on a 2019?
Didn't heard of anything new on 2020 XC60.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Increased range on T8

·
Registered
17 Posts
T8 2020 increased range

Increased range on T8
From what I've read, the range increase is marginal. IMHO if you can find a 2019 model, buy it instead - I just did this, and because end of model year (along with the car being a dealer demo, having 114 miles on it) MSRP of $74,100 for an Inscription came down to $61,995 before tax, tag, title, etc.

Apply Fed & State PHEV credits and you're in the wheelhouse with a T6 with the same options packages.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Several safety features updated and now standard with more active intervention from the car plus some standard equipment add-ons on top of 19 model year, depending on the market.

Also, updated transmission and engines (B4,B5) and new regenerative braking system KERS.
T8 gets better range.

Some more minor updates that i can’t remember right now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Several safety features updated and now standard with more active intervention from the car plus some standard equipment add-ons on top of 19 model year, depending on the market.

Also, updated transmission and engines (B4,B5) and new regenerative braking system KERS.

Some more minor updates that i can’t remember right now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depending on the market B4 and B5 do not exist on US market.

It also does not exist in the Middle East market. There are only T5 and T6 models in the Middle East market

·
Registered
237 Posts
Depending on the market B4 and B5 do not exist on US market.

It also does not exist in the Middle East market. There are only T5 and T6 models in the Middle East market
No T8?
T5 and T6 are now replaced with Petrol B5 and B6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed the 2020 R-Design exterior side mirrors have a black cap for all colors instead of silver like in 2019. Definitely not worth passing up a good deal on a 19 for :)

2019:

2020:

·
Registered
594 Posts
i'm expecting my R-Design to be released from customs this week
:rave:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I was at the LA Auto show last night, which is one of the more high profile auto shows. Volvo wasn't even there. I was surprised, given that Volvo has been there all the other years I've gone (and I've gone for about 15 years straight). Every year I always left impressed by the Volvo interiors, styling, and comfort.

Anyway, i suspect they are not on the auto show circuit as much this year because they don't really have much that is new to show.

Many of the vehicles I was looking forward to seeing: The new Mustang EV, the Lincoln Cosair, Genesis sedans, were all soundly unimpressive. I left more certain than ever that I'll be leasing a new XC60 when my current one goes back to the dealer. I sat in the Acura RDX, which I had seriously considered, and played with the infotainment system for about 15 minutes. Its ridiculously bad, and the visibility out the back is a joke.

On the other hand, M-B's new infotainment system is sweet.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
2020’s get the windscreen clip back.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
The packaging is much better on the 2020, at least for the US market. If you want a really base car then go with the '19. But once you start adding features, especially on Momentum, it's really hard to make an argument for a 2019. At the dealer level, we're struggling to get rid of them while trying to point to the best value for customers. Plus you get the little plastic clip in the windshield on a 2020!

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
I don't know if it was a specific package or not but the 2020 I drove as a loaner when my 2019 was in for the 10k service didn't have the bag holders in the back. The ones that hold grocery bags up that are on the sides.

·
Registered
102 Posts
$2 USD :) Do folks find it useful?
We have it in my 2011 C70 OSD. Used it a lot in Europe, not so much here. When we got our 2018 XC60 T8 OSD my wife noticed it had no clip. I installed one this week. My wife is now very happy. Best $2.00 I've spent in a while!! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention: "Big Safety Brother" is imposing a 112 MPH speed limiter setting on all 2020 Volvos. Just one more thing to be aware of...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention: "Big Safety Brother" is imposing a 112 MPH speed limiter setting on all 2020 Volvos. Just one more thing to be aware of...
I believe that applies starting with MY 2021 vehicles

1 - 20 of 35 Posts