SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 S60 arrived on Monday during a flash flood in MD (thankfully, no hail!). I picked it up on Tuesday:

- T6AWD
- Osmium Grey Ventilated Napa seats
- Charcoal interior
- Driftwood Inlays
- 19" Inscription wheels
- Exterior Styling Kit
- Luxury and Advanced Packages
- Heated Rear Seat package
- Bowers & Watkins
- Park Assist

Coming from the 2017 S90 (same options, except I added Polestar to the S60), it's a different experience altogether! Much more nible, Polestar adds a "wow" factor when driving, handles curves very well, seems ligher, and as one forum member said in another thread "it wants to be driven". My family did not really notice any interior compromises, which is great.

Lacking in the car is the power-assist trunk close buttons - there is a "lock" button, but you still have to manually close the trunk (touching the lock button first locks the car when the lid is closed). A big deal? No. Just have to change my muscle memory! Perhaps the hyrdaulic mechanism was too big for the back...who knows?

The trunk is quite spacious, even though smaller than the S70. I like that you can set the car to close the moon roof cloth cover if the interior gets too hot. I've entered the car twice and the cloth cover had closed due to heat.

Parking this car is much easier than the S90.

My drive to work from MD to DC is difficult because of potholes...this car handles road imperfections better than the S90, but I also had very thin tires on the S90, so that's part of the difference.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats on a great car, it does want to be driven hard, and you have the standard suspension also which is probably a great improvement over the sport chassis I have on mine without a major compromise in handling, i’m also out of a 2017 s90, but I do feel the difference in the ride (very stiff, bordering on jarring), handling is fantastic with the sport set up so is the steering feel in polestar mode specially, i’m With you on the wow factor with the polestar addition, world apart from s90, enjoy pal

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congrats Dudedad.

We need some pics!

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Congrats! Can you try PA on mild curves and see if it reduces speed when entering curve? :)

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never posted pics here...asking for a URL...do I need to put them online and point to them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts