SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription, 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country T5
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MSRP and OSD pricing and info for 2020 model year was just posted today. Looks like some changes in standard equipment and option packages for the r-design and inscription (several previous packages now standard equipment). Also no more standard leather on momentums.

http://www.flyvolvo.com/XC40MY20.pdf

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
So is T4 the 3cyl engine? Will love to see how it sounds.

PHEV still not coming? I really like PHEV for my future car due to my city commute. It will be several years away though.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription, 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country T5
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Thanks. so no change basically.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
OSD pricing and info for 2020 model year was just posted today. Looks like some changes in standard equipment and option packages for the r-design and inscription (several previous packages now standard equipment). Also no more standard leather on momentums.

http://www.flyvolvo.com/XC40MY20.pdf
At a quick glance, with all the adjustments, the overall costs for an R-Design hasn't really changed from 2019. Which I just committed to :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Actually since the packages have changed, if I had ordered a T4, a 2020 would have cost $1800 more. A T5 R Design with package changes looks about $1000 more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what I can tell, it looks like Heated Windshield Wiper Blades are not available on any of the builds. That appears to be a change, unless I am reading the document incorrectly. It lists them under Luxury and Convenience, but there are no little bullets indicating they are part of any of the models. Last year's sheet indicates they were part of the Advance Package (Heated Washer Nozzles). However, this year it does not include them. Am I reading that correctly?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I priced out a loaded OSD Momentum just like the one we picked up last year and the price went from the $41,720 to $44,376.

The changing around of the packages and the leather not being standard really adds up quickly!

·
Registered
997 Posts
So is T4 the 3cyl engine? Will love to see how it sounds.

PHEV still not coming? I really like PHEV for my future car due to my city commute. It will be several years away though.

late this year... or early next. phev and fully electric models will start.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anybody have experience with how much more than the OSD price and the state sale tax I should expect to pay for the XC40? Will there be a destination charge of $995 - as it is listed on the top line on the right of the 2020 OSD price list?
Thanks,

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Does anybody have experience with how much more than the OSD price and the state sale tax I should expect to pay for the XC40? Will there be a destination charge of $995 - as it is listed on the top line on the right of the 2020 OSD price list?
Thanks,
You pay some processing fee around $150 to 300 to the dealer for filing your registration, and sales tax and registration fee to your state. You can also get the necessary document from dealer and file the application of registration to dmv by yourself.

Destination charge is extra this year. The OSD price is a little lower than previous years though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just priced out my 2020 R-Design with dealer. With the reduced prices on all of the options through OSD the year over year for fully loaded was about $1k increase, and that's likely due in large part to the $995 destination fee now included.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just priced out my 2020 R-Design with dealer. With the reduced prices on all of the options through OSD the year over year for fully loaded was about $1k increase, and that's likely due in large part to the $995 destination fee now included.
With 2020 R-Design, is there additional charge for Bursting blue or Crystal white Metallic paint? From 2020 OSD price list, I only saw Metallic paint for Momentum with additional $615, so I assume it is no charge for 202 R-Design, is that correct? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for the responses.
Volvo changed their policy for the 2020 year OSD and considers the purchase as a purchase from allocation.
The OSD delivery is becoming not a good deal at all. Volvo decided to add $995 destination charge to the order. If your dream is to visit Gothenburg then yes it is an OK deal but I will visit many other places in Europe before I visit Gothenburg. I do not blame Volvo's greed if they can sell their production quickly (although in my area there are 19 and 17 - XC40 at two different dealers at the moment). The new Aud Q3 and the Mazda CX5 Signature are knocking on the door and if Volvo is not careful they will be strangling again...

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
You can still drive your OSD car to many places in Europe, drop off at a different city. They are able to book the return trip from other cities served by SAS or BA, at least used to be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes that is true but have you looked at the driving times and expenses to drive from Gothenburg to any interesting European city (Amsterdam, Brussels , Copenhagen, ...)
For me personally the new prices plus the destination fee kills the OSD delivery.
The difference of $1600 between the MSRP and the OSD price is not worth at ll. I think that I will have a better discount buying it in the US and spent the money on a much more desirable European trip. (of course I may be wrong :)
It was a good deal while it lasted but not at the moment with the recent changes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
shame about the loss of standard leather on the Momentum. I like the leather on my 2019. Seems the value proposition has gone down. It will have to compete with a new Audi Q3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In addition to the standard leather going away for the Momentum, some other features have moved to new packages and the package prices have increased. So even though the base MSRP hasn't changed, comparably equipped 2020's are significantly more expensive.

Has anyone seen the new color choices yet?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes that is true but have you looked at the driving times and expenses to drive from Gothenburg to any interesting European city (Amsterdam, Brussels , Copenhagen, ...)
For me personally the new prices plus the destination fee kills the OSD delivery.
The difference of $1600 between the MSRP and the OSD price is not worth at ll. I think that I will have a better discount buying it in the US and spent the money on a much more desirable European trip. (of course I may be wrong :)
It was a good deal while it lasted but not at the moment with the recent changes.
I’m not saying you’re wrong because I haven’t priced out any XC40 OSD builds... but I’m about to place an order on an OSD XC60. An equally equipped OSD XC60 T6 RD is $1,159 cheaper in 2020 vs 2019. In the Inscription that I optioned out, that number grows to $1,843. And that’s including the new destination charge in both instances. So at least on those two builds, OSD didn’t become more expensive... the complete opposite. Regarding savings from MSRP; the OSD 2020 XC60 T6 RD I optioned comes in at $5,004 under MSRP, and savings on the Inscription are $5,188. Savings off MSRP are higher in 2020 as well because of the additional savings now provided to options. At least on the XC60, the reduction in the unit price more than took care of the addition of the destination charge. The term “worth” is subjective to each individual. To me OSD is still plenty worthy based on my numbers.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts