SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for water to get into the doors? The door seal is soaked(see pictures)?I have noticed a little water in the cabin but I am unable to tell if that is happening when I open the door or prior.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take it to the shop asap. Don't want that to get worse.
I am taking it on Friday. Bummer as the car is less than 2 months old. Every door has this issue, but the rear doors are the worst offenders. Also, my sunroof controls sometimes do not work. Hopefully not related to water issues too

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am taking it on Friday. Bummer as the car is less than 2 months old. Every door has this issue, but the rear doors are the worst offenders. Also, my sunroof controls sometimes do not work. Hopefully not related to water issues too
A little scary to see that happening on the 2019. I can't imagine I would be too happy to see puddles of water on my leather seats or coming through the suede upholstery in the ceiling. Especially since the car our XC90 replaced was a 2010 corolla which we loved until it developed a leak that we could never seem to locate the source of. The interior of the car always smelled like mildew and was absolutely horrible. Not something I want to experience on a 90k car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
A little scary to see that happening on the 2019. I can't imagine I would be too happy to see puddles of water on my leather seats or coming through the suede upholstery in the ceiling. Especially since the car our XC90 replaced was a 2010 corolla which we loved until it developed a leak that we could never seem to locate the source of. The interior of the car always smelled like mildew and was absolutely horrible. Not something I want to experience on a 90k car.
Are you sure the water isn't just dripping in when you open the door? That would just be... gravity.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Are you sure the water isn't just dripping in when you open the door? That would just be... gravity.

Yeah, I was just thinking this. This happened with my 2016 XC90, and my 2018 xc60.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Those are not the door seals. They are more of a liner or a pre-seal. Mine are wet every time I wash the car. You open the door the excess water drops down.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
That or what’s also most likely is some water may get in over the top of the outer seal (part that you can see around the frame when the door is closed). The gasket is actually designed to have a channel and route the water around and down the sides of the door (you can see it in OPs pictures). The outer/thin seal is a light touch and water may pass to be routed by the main inner seal. The drips on the step look like it could just be drips from opening the door.

It’s hard to tell if Cybereyes is messing with OP or is hydrophobic :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I had that problem with my Honda Integra - it would leak through the moonroof drain to the trunk and pool in the spare tire area and slosh under the rear seat. Summer months meant tearing apart the rear to let it sun/air dry. What OP is showing isn’t that though, it looks totally normal water seeping over the dust seal and being caught by the thicker/more compressible seal to keep water out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Those are not the door seals. They are more of a liner or a pre-seal. Mine are wet every time I wash the car. You open the door the excess water drops down.
Yes, those are not the door seals. The actual seal is the rubber gasket just below that felt like seal. I think these are to help mitigate wind noise. But water here is quite normal. I live in Florida where it rains in the summer every day and I have have water there, but never inside the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Make sure the windows are completely up when closed. I’ve noticed on my car that I can at times get the windows to raise up a small amount even after they’ve apparently reached the uppermost limit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts