SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY2017 XC90 T8 lease is up in 5 months and I estimate I will have to pay $1500 in over mileage fees... My dealer is offering me a new 2019 XC90 T8 with everything I have now and then some, for basically the same monthly and the drive off is first payment amount...

So MY2019 XC90 T8 or wait for a 2020 XC90 T8?

Thanks...

·
Registered
655 Posts
MY 2020 XC90s are showing up now on dealer lots. Figure out which you prefer. It’s personal choice. The 2020s will be more expensive and Volvo May come out with good incentives to move the 2019s depending upon existing inventories.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
MY2017 XC90 T8 lease is up in 5 months and I estimate I will have to pay $1500 in over mileage fees... My dealer is offering me a new 2019 XC90 T8 with everything I have now and then some, for basically the same monthly and the drive off is first payment amount...

Thanks...
MY2020 T8’s reportedly have a ~ 11.6 kWh hybrid battery compared to MY18s and MY19s which have a 10.4 kWh. I am going off of memory so feel free to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
MY2020 is not much newer than MY2019. You can stick to MY2019 for 3 years and get MY2022 with Android UI, true voice nav, L4 autonomous by then I hope.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I agree the only major changes of significance will occur with the newer version scheduled to come out of the US Factory as a 21/22 model. I assume it will be manufactured elsewhere as well. So go with the 2019. What kind of lease were you getting and what options are on the car?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would add that the only plus going for the 2020 is the lack of some known issues that were found in previous model years (hoping) as it could be the last year of production before new model comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
In my opinion
In 5 months time you would have the second batch of 2020 with enhanced features and the refreshed actual 2020MY

If I were you I would wait it out. And lease not buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts

Thanks...
The only significant differences I've read of are a slightly larger battery (good for 1 more mile of EV only range) and the availability of 2nd row captains chairs.

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
The only significant differences I've read of are a slightly larger battery (good for 1 more mile of EV only range) and the availability of 2nd row captains chairs.
From 10.4 to 11.6KwH, 10% up. So maybe +2 miles for EV range. It is always better to get more EV range but not really significant. Kind of limited by the trade-off made in PHEV technology.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
By when must you replace your vehicle (December?) and will it be another lease?

If you are leasing anyway, MY19 should be the best “financial” deal off the lot provided it is equipped the way you want it due to various incentives on in-stock vehicles.

As a bonus and best of both worlds, when your new lease is up, the MY22 and MY23 would be available on SPA2 with more advances in EV technology, components and safety features.

If you are “buying to own” long term and need to buy by [December], then MY20 would be a better choice. A mid cycle MY20 (week 46+) might be even better but those may not hit the dealers lot until January 2020 depending the model and demand.

Your call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
After reading the article it looks like 2020 is best.
Of course 2020 is better, but for a higher price, and longer waiting time.
If you don't need the 6 seat config of 2020, 2019 is almost the same and available immediately with big discount.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Of course 2020 is better, but for a higher price, and longer waiting time.
If you don't need the 6 seat config of 2020, 2019 is almost the same and available immediately with big discount.
No I agree I was thinking for the T8 2020 seems to be a more substantial upgrade after reading the review. I bought a 2019 T6 after driving a 2020 T6 there wasn't enough of an upgrade to warrant 8K more for a T6. I got a good discount on my 2019 T6.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Savings now may be lost in resale value later...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the concave front grill.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also considered waiting for the 2020, but found a pretty good deal (for me, I suck at car buying) on a 19 and went for it. With a lease, if you can take money off MSRP without adjusting the residual, it can drastically reduce your payments.

Anyway, I'm super glad I did. Only thing I wanted in the '20 was the 6-seat option, but it turns out that the 40-20-40 bench seat on the '19 is nearly as good. I've got the 20 section folded and used a pair of seat belt extenders to bring those up to a comfortable spot for the kids. Now, when we need the third row, kids just clamber over the middle section. I have no intention of ever putting an adult back there, so it works great. Plus, if we ever need to seat 7, we can.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts