- Sound system
- Seat quality and comfort
- MPG decent (see below)
- PA and ACC works pretty well
- Safety features
- No reliability issues to date
- Dealers have great customer service so far

The Bad
- Engine has decent pickup but drones like a econo 4 banger, does not have luxury feel/sound. MPG not any better than my other SUV with a 300hp V6 which takes reg gas
- Suspension is unacceptable. Way too harsh, Probably allows for sportier cornering but not up to par for a 55-70+ K vehicle, not even close. Come on volvo...
- Nav/screen system is terrible. Again not even close to where it should be. If Jeep/Dodge's Nav/audio system is blowing it away in functionality then that is a problem

Overall:
My wife loves it. I will drive it when I have to but I dont really enjoy driving it. It it really more of a tall sportwagon, not a true SUV IMO. Crossover I guess would be another term. The suspension cannot handle small potholes so I surely would not tackle even mild off road. The 4wd system is also fair, really a FWD system with rear wheels added in after traction lost which I dont like. Significant understeer noted in snowy corners at speed. But I bought it for safety and as long as the reliability holds up I would buy my wife another one in the future, she loves it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, standard suspension

The Good
- Exterior and Interior design / cosmetics
- Sound system
- MPG decent (see below)
- Safety features

The Bad
- Engine has decent pickup but drones like a econo 4 banger, does not have luxury feel/sound. MPG not any better than my other SUV with a 300hp V6 which takes reg gas
- Suspension is unacceptable. Way too harsh, Probably allows for sportier cornering but not up to par for a 55-70+ K vehicle, not even close. Come on volvo...
- Nav/screen system is terrible. Again not even close to where it should be. If Jeep/Dodge's Nav/audio system is blowing it away in functionality then that is a problem

Overall:
My wife loves it. I will drive it when I have to but I dont really enjoy driving it. It it really more of a tall sportwagon, not a true SUV IMO. Crossover I guess would be another term. The suspension cannot handle small potholes so I surely would not tackle even mild off road. The 4wd system is also fair, really a FWD system with rear wheels added in after traction lost which I dont like. Significant understeer noted in snowy corners at speed. But I bought it for safety and as long as the reliability holds up I would buy my wife another one in the future, she loves it.
I've got a 2016 and don't really have any complaints about the nav / screen or the suspension (though ours does have the air suspension). Agree on the engine though . . doesn't sound great.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Funny i just hit 7500 miles an 11 months owning it. Had to get front rotors replaced. The screen acts a little weird aka sometime drops my iPhone bt and reverse cam changes to display if I back up to fast. Hate the car always think I’m trying to park if I’m driving slow and something is close to me. Sound system from the back seats isn’t no where near is nice as the front seats. My momentum cross bars are also noisy.

Absolutely love this car minus those 5 things. Probably see if 10k update will make my life better. The supercharge turbocharge works well together. Maybe it’s pushing the 4 banger pass it max. The tranny is butter. I’ve only went off roading a little in Sweden and the car was fine. Honestly I don’t push the car enough on the street to notice the under/oversteer. The suspension definitely bumpy if you don’t have air suspension but my Lexus gx is about as hard. Doesn’t really bother me. One reason I chose the 18 wheels.

Volvo has done me right so far. If i had to buy another one today there is no doubt I would buy another one. Insurance cost is half of what I was paying on my genesis. The safety features and ratings are unmatched. The osd program is unbelievable. When Volvo came back and gave me the price difference of the dropped priced, I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny i just hit 7500 miles an 11 months owning it. Had to get front rotors replaced. The screen acts a little weird aka sometime drops my iPhone bt and reverse cam changes to display if I back up to fast. Hate the car always think I’m trying to park if I’m driving slow and something is close to me. Sound system from the back seats isn’t no where near is nice as the front seats. My momentum cross bars are also noisy.

Absolutely love this car minus those 5 things. Probably see if 10k update will make my life better. The supercharge turbocharge works well together. Maybe it’s pushing the 4 banger pass it max. The tranny is butter. I’ve only went off roading a little in Sweden and the car was fine. Honestly I don’t push the car enough on the street to notice the under/oversteer. The suspension definitely bumpy if you don’t have air suspension but my Lexus gx is about as hard. Doesn’t really bother me. One reason I chose the 18 wheels.

Volvo has done me right so far. If i had to buy another one today there is no doubt I would buy another one. Insurance cost is half of what I was paying on my genesis. The safety features and ratings are unmatched. The osd program is unbelievable. When Volvo came back and gave me the price difference of the dropped priced, I was pleasantly surprised.
The low insurance cost was a pleasant surprise, I forgot to mention that

·
Registered
142 Posts
All your reasons you don't like it are exactly why I returned my XC90 and bought a 2019 X5 (with third row). I couldn't get over the unimpressive motor and the glitchy software was just frustrating. It's unfortunately because the exterior and interior design really is the best in the business... Unfortunately... At least we still have our V60 which we absolutely LOVE for what it is.

·
6,436 Posts
2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, standard suspension

The Good
- Exterior and Interior design / cosmetics
- Sound system
- MPG decent (see below)
- Safety features

The Bad

Overall:

I disagree.
Engine is great in Dynamic mode. I never hear any drone - are you sure it’s not the tire noise? What exactly is engine drone?

Suspension is decent. I run 21 inch wheels on non-air suspension and I’ve got no complains. What exactly are you expecting?

Navigation - yeS not as good as BMW (I own an F80). But if you use Apple CarPlay it makes it a lot better

The new X5 is so boring looking both inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts