SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've been having some issues with my driver side wiper since I bought the car and I can't seem to figure out. There's always a large streak that goes across right where the fluid is squirted out. When I put the wipers in the service position, it looks as if the rubber is slightly warped in that area. Almost as if the arm is pressing too hard in that spot.

The first time I took the car in for it's 10k check, I brought up that maybe it could be a tension issue but was told you can't adjust the tension. They put on new blades and said the streaking was gone. It wasn't.

Then I took the car in for the new "Wiper Recall" and brought up the issue again. They fixed the recall, put on a new pair of wipers and said the streaking is gone as well. I was offered the new blades for $60 but I had some new refills at home, so I declined.

When I just put in the new refills, I'm still seeing the streaking and the warping of the rubber.

Here's a video where I show the streaking and the warping of the rubber.
https://youtu.be/qzQN1zkoeQA

I figured I would reach out here before I have to bring it back to the dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the same problem, with the streak being in the same exact spot. I had the recall done but nothing helped, cleaning the blades helps a bit but the problem comes back... I haven't seen my dealer yet but I will schedule an appointment soon and keep you all updated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Similar thing here. It's only the left one, and it actually does a pretty good job going up, but then leaves a streak when returning down.
Changing the blades doesn't help, if not maybe in the short term.
Until now I thought it was because of the nano-coating that I had applied on the car, which included a dedicated coating for the windshield. But now I doubt that it was the case, and I am curious to know if you find a solution.
I still have to go and get the recall on the wipers' tension fixed, will do soon.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Happened to both my XC60 and S60. I just replaced the inserts. Worked on XC60, but S60 still streaked. Replaced S60 inserts again.
Basically, $120 later it's fine heh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts