SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this on Facebook a few days ago. VolvoTV YouTube channel picked it up so it’s easier to share here.

A XC60 T8 burns supposedly after being serviced. No injuries, everyone got out ok. Owner is irate and thinks all Volvo’s are unsafe now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYE0CXPpkd8

·
Registered
997 Posts
ouch.. well Volvo should have been all over this. Same thing happened to a model 3 lately, but it had crashed. Fire while driving seems unusual. Would like to know what they find, Scary...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The last time an XC90 T8 burned to the ground it was in the UK and it turned out to be arson (insurance fraud). :thumbup:

The video shows only ICE burning initially, so I don't want to hear a bunch of "lithium batteries are unsafe" nonsense....even though the EV haters will be hatin'.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally, I’ve seen mostly FCA and Fords burning on the side of the road. It’s gotta be pretty rare for a Volvo, a modern one at that.

Theres endless videos of parked Tesla’s burning.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’m from Brazil. It’s a T8 that was recovered from a flood and had the engine entirely changed at the dealership. So it’s not a regular problem, probably the dealership did something wrong while putting the new engine (my opinion: insurance company should have written off the car, but instead paid for this huge repair. That the result).

·
Registered
658 Posts
I’m from Brazil. It’s a T8 that was recovered from a flood and had the engine entirely changed at the dealership. So it’s not a regular problem, probably the dealership did something wrong while putting the new engine (my opinion: insurance company should have written off the car, but instead paid for this huge repair. That the result).
Good explanation, and I would guess that this is exactly what happened. Obrigado!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts