SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title.

I have had the car for about 8 months (3846 miles)

Short Version:
Any thoughts on how to "reset" the car. I have it booked in for an inspection and want to be able to jump-start it, instead of sorting out a tow.

Long Version:
No issues at all with the car up till now. Earlier on this week went to lunch and came back 45min later and it was completely dead. No electrics at all. Called roadside assist and got a jumpstart and everything was fine. I left it running for 30min after the jumpstart

Drove it for a day with no issues, then 2 days later when I came to a halt at the lights, the engine auto-stopped and then wouldn't re-start. There were electrics to the car, but it wouldn't start at all.

Got another jump start without issue, drove it home, left it running for 30min. Came out to start it later in the day and it is completely dead. No electrics at all. Jump start will not work and doesn't even provide any sign of life when connected. I tried a trickle charger and that says the battery in the engine compartment was completely flat, then charges up, but still no love.

I figure there is some electrical glitch and now potentially a blown fuse or component as well. The car is booked in for an inspection on Tuesday (Memorial Day long weekend here in the US).

I looking for any hints on what i could do to potentially reset the car to address the problem if it is a simple electrical glitch. FYI - I can't open the tailgate because of the lack of power.

·
Registered
110 Posts
As per the title.

I have had the car for about 8 months (3846 miles)

Short Version:
Any thoughts on how to "reset" the car. I have it booked in for an inspection and want to be able to jump-start it, instead of sorting out a tow.

Long Version:
No issues at all with the car up till now. Earlier on this week went to lunch and came back 45min later and it was completely dead. No electrics at all. Called roadside assist and got a jumpstart and everything was fine. I left it running for 30min after the jumpstart

Drove it for a day with no issues, then 2 days later when I came to a halt at the lights, the engine auto-stopped and then wouldn't re-start. There were electrics to the car, but it wouldn't start at all.

Got another jump start without issue, drove it home, left it running for 30min. Came out to start it later in the day and it is completely dead. No electrics at all. Jump start will not work and doesn't even provide any sign of life when connected. I tried a trickle charger and that says the battery in the engine compartment was completely flat, then charges up, but still no love.

I figure there is some electrical glitch and now potentially a blown fuse or component as well. The car is booked in for an inspection on Tuesday (Memorial Day long weekend here in the US).

I looking for any hints on what i could do to potentially reset the car to address the problem if it is a simple electrical glitch. FYI - I can't open the tailgate because of the lack of power.
Electric problems like that with less than 3500 miles; not good at all! And I am about to lease an XC60...
Have the alternator checked as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts