SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brand New XC60. Drove home from the dealer today. We noticed a rattling noise on certain surfaces coming from the front. Not sure if its due to the tight suspension. Anybody else hear of this? You can almost feel it as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
UPDATE. Took new car back to dealer. They initially said over phone “you are most likely hearing the difference driving an R-Design.” I said I will bring it down and told them “If you need to keep it do you have a loaner”. They said yes thinking I won’t need the loaner. The dealer is 50 miles to the south of me.

I pulled up and the maintenance manager got in. We pulled out just a few feet and we both heard the noise. “Yes that is not normal” they took the car to the shop and after 2 hours found that it was the left strut. 45 miles on the car and a bad left strut!. They need to order the new strut. Well they said I could drive on it and drive back home (another 50 miles) and drive back down when it comes back in (another 100 miles there and back) I like the dealership. Just hate that this happened to me and my new xc60. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Thanks for following up.

Congrats on your new XC60. Hopefully this is the only issue you face.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts