SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. New to the website and new to volvos. I just bought a 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription and I do really like it except for the brakes on it.

The brake noise at lower speeds is extremely annoying and embarrassing. It is a loud screeching noise. My car has just over 11k miles on it and is in perfect condition. I brought my car into my local Volvo dealership and they replaced the front rotors but not the pads and didn't touch the rear rotors or pads. The first thing I found odd was that the service guy told me they replaced the rotors with new ones but put the old pads back on it? That is very odd and you usually never hear of that. Has anyone else had this experience?

Anyway I took the car for a drive in the city and on the highway and it still makes a screeching noise when I brake at lower speeds.

Does anyone have any solutions to this issue or recommend anything?

Thanks Dom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys. New to the website and new to volvos. I just bought a 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription and I do really like it except for the brakes on it.

The brake noise at lower speeds is extremely annoying and embarrassing. It is a loud screeching noise. My car has just over 11k miles on it and is in perfect condition. I brought my car into my local Volvo dealership and they replaced the front rotors but not the pads and didn't touch the rear rotors or pads. The first thing I found odd was that the service guy told me they replaced the rotors with new ones but put the old pads back on it? That is very odd and you usually never hear of that. Has anyone else had this experience?

Anyway I took the car for a drive in the city and on the highway and it still makes a screeching noise when I brake at lower speeds.

Does anyone have any solutions to this issue or recommend anything?

Thanks Dom
Hello Mate.
I too own a 2019 MY20 S60 Inscription. and have had it at service with a strange squeeking noise coming from what appears to be the brakes. It happens while I'm manoeuvring back & fourth at low speed?.. It just started out of nowhere. it even makes the noise when sitting still with foot on brake & changing gears between R & D or vise-versa?. it is annoying & embarrassing. I only have 8000km on the odometer. the car is barely 1 year old?. I just got the call today from service only to be told that volvo have heard the noise & believe it is normal?.. What a load of ****!.. It took them 2 weeks to tell me this, how poor. I don't believe they even tried replacing the pads to the new varient?. I am pissed off. I own 2 Hyundai's which are botb over 2 years old still running original pads and they r both quiet just like every other car on the road. I am not happy to be driving a $62000 vehicle that sounds like an old truck. The fight is going to be on!.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts