SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2019 CPO S60 vehicle at 18000kms (11184 miles) and I have started to hear minor but annoying whistling noises coming from 3/4 doors (drivers, passenger, rear passenger). This occurs only upon opening the door from outside of the car. Pulling on the door handle while the door is open does not produce the faint whistling sound. Frequency level is maybe 70% of the time on drivers door, 60% passengers, and rear passenger just started and at roughly 40%.

First take at the dealership resulted in them misdiagnosing the issue and they ended up lubricating the door hinges which do not seem to be related, so plan to give them another try in the near future. I have posted a short clip of what I am hearing at the below link. Has anyone experienced the same issue, if so how were you able to resolve it?

- Issue occurs at 0:01sec, 0:03sec, and 0:05sec. Unfortunately you have to filter out some of the expected sounds from the door opening which are more overpowering

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i'm with Katin, ignore it. Trying to fix something like that will probably cause more issues than it's worth. Hardly noticeable.

Reactions: Ed_S60

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, I have same problem on my S60 2021, also on driver's door more noticible. Did you manage to solve this issue?
Hi, I was beginning to think that I was the only one experiencing the issue. So I have de-prioritized this issue at the moment as a I have an annoying rear passenger side brake squeal on a slow roll that is driving me up the wall. I have another appointment coming up with volvo soon where I will ask again about the door. One answer that I have gotten so far is that its the rubber door seal that is triggering the noise. Could be possible, but that was just the service rep at the desk mentioning it and pretty much said there was nothing more they can do. My next appointment is at another dealership so I will see what they say and hopefully the service technician will be able to look at it. Has the dealership looked at your issue yet? If so, what did they say?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe British Leyland had the same issue with their top of the line SD1. Have you tried duct tape?

In all seriousness, exactly how noticable is it? You could spend a lot of time and money trying to fix something that could be covered up by a slight increase in radio volume. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I was beginning to think that I was the only one experiencing the issue. So I have de-prioritized this issue at the moment as a I have an annoying rear passenger side brake squeal on a slow roll that is driving me up the wall. I have another appointment coming up with volvo soon where I will ask again about the door. One answer that I have gotten so far is that its the rubber door seal that is triggering the noise. Could be possible, but that was just the service rep at the desk mentioning it and pretty much said there was nothing more they can do. My next appointment is at another dealership so I will see what they say and hopefully the service technician will be able to look at it. Has the dealership looked at your issue yet? If so, what did they say?
Last time when I was at my dealer I just could not reproduce this issue, so they suggested that such noise can be caused by violation of the air pressure that forms when all doors are closed. And when one door or window is opened there should be no such sound, which is true. But still this issue is not suppose to be in such cars, in my opinion. I also noticed that this noise is louder at the top of the door, near two mounting holes for roof trunk. Maybe they causing this whistle sound when air comes out.

I will visit my dealer on the next week, if anything comes up, I'll post a message.
Anyway thanks for your reply!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts