SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2019 S60 T5 R-Design since the end of April. 5 months+ in, at 3600 miles, I've started to experience some Sensus issues.

1. Although I've read of this happening to some people here, the other morning my screen went BLACK as I was pulling out of the driveway. The system rebooted (after what felt like a couple of minutes) and all was good. Odd. But you can imagine losing rear view camera while reversing (yes, I also physically check, but still) AND having to wait to turn on the heat on a relatively chilly morning. Annoyances more than anything.

2. I was loving Android Auto (especially after the recent update) with my Google Pixel 2. If I pressed the voice control button (on steering wheel) once, I could make phone calls. If I held it, I could use Google Voice Assistant. BUT I recently switched to an iPhone 11 Pro and just started using Apple Carplay today and it left something to be desired. First, although I could connect it via Bluetooth, when I plugged in via USB, it disconnected my Bluetooth connection, so that when I went to press the Voice Control button it said that there was no phone connected. I had to long press to use Siri to dial. OK, fine. HOWEVER, this evening, my voice control button stopped working altogether for short press! Only long press works now. The problem persists after several stops at different destinations. I'm hoping it gets resolved in the morning.

Has anyone else experience these, especially issue #2? With Android Auto, it does NOT disconnect the phone from Bluetooth in order to use is via USB.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also have a 19' R Design T5, I'm at about three months with it and just at 2K miles. No sensus issues that you've noted with the black screen or reboot.. And I've loved this android auto update, great app drawer and just overall feels and looks good. Sorry to hear about your Apple Car Play troubles, but you went to the dark side .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I use Moment lenses and Apple’s new camera lenses sold me. We’ll see how long this lasts. Been Android since the Motorola Droid.

Anyway, there is something seriously happening here with the car’s electronics:
This morning, the Voice Control button was still not functioning on short presses. In other words, I can’t access Volvo functions via Voice Control. Only long presses (for Siri) work even when CarPlay isn’t running.
To make matters worse, I got a Headlamp malfunction this morning! The car has 3600 miles!

Normally I don’t jump on first year model redesigns. Think I’ll go back to that line of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Have you had the latest update?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not. I have an appointment on Monday the 7th. I’ll ask about it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yea, see if that helps out any with any of the funky glitchy stuff. I had a O2 sensor go bad weeks back, and they uploaded the new software during my visit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, see if that helps out any with any of the funky glitchy stuff. I had a O2 sensor go bad weeks back, and they uploaded the new software during my visit.

Thanks. Will do. I’ll report back, in case anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aaaaand the a Headlamp Malfunction message is gone. Go figure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: Dropped off at dealer this morning. Service writer said he’d like to keep a day or two to run through all the electronics and they’ll update Sensus, too.

I hope to have it done sooner. We’ll see. I can’t imagine they’ll really need two days for this.

As a side note, they gave me a loaner - a new Lincoln MKZ and man does it make me miss my S60. I am not a luxury suspension fan. It feels like it’s floating above the street and has very little feedback or any feel of the road. Yawn.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked up my car. They updated the software. It nows says “Polestar Engineered” instead of “Dynamic” in drive mode selection screen. AND I noticed two things while driving (I only drive in Dynamic/Polestar Engineered):
1. It no longer lingers in a gear after a hard acceleration and letting off the pedal. It shifts more intuitively on its own now. Before, after a hard acceleration from a stop, if I let off the gas, it would linger way too long in that gear.
2. I swear they changed or added an artificial exhaust note in the vehicle. It sounds way more throaty then I remember it. Odd, but I like it.

Finally, there’s a new option that I know I definitely did NOT have before - Corner Illumination.

And of course the Auto start/stop icon now shows up - I engaged it just to see. I only ever use Eco mode when I’m in line at Costco for fuel.

Oh and the Voice Control button now works. They said they’ve updated the voice database, as well.

TJ’s referenced in my papers:

Warranty work, of course.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think that it is designed that way. Once you connect a phone via Apple CarPlay, it disconnects the bluetooth (once you've said "Yes" to the first request to connect to CarPlay via USB) and the only way to connect to the phone is via the SIRI long press, though I think "Hey Siri" works too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It certainly is. I was just used to Android Auto where I could have it connected via Bluetooth simultaneously, allowing me to use the short/quick press of the Voice Control button to dial and access contacts. But as a first time user of iPhone, I’m quickly learning that it’s not great at multitasking. It can’t even run more than one timer at a time! Odd.

All else is good though and I’m happy with the car again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts