SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$2200 up charge for the massage seat option. Does anyone out there have them ? How good is it? I had that option on a Mercedes CLS and it was very mediocre .

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
$2200 up charge for the massage seat option. Does anyone out there have them ? How good is it? I had that option on a Mercedes CLS and it was very mediocre .
First of all, you don't get just massage seats for $2,200. You get Napa leather and ventilated seats. Is this a must have package? Unless you live in a very hot climate area, no. I don't have experience with the CLS massage seats but I really like that function in the Volvo models. It provides several programs and levels of intensity.

For me, I would pay that money mainly to get the ventilated seats and softer leather. The massage would be a bonus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know they they to cut down on options to streamline production but I just wish they would put this fancy seat in the R-Design trim... hell, I guess I’ll jusy settle for the T-Design full Napa leather at this point.

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
If your passenger or you use it then it is worthy. My wife only use it occasionally on long trip so it is not worthy for me. For my next car I will get B&W with normal leather seats.

On the other hand, ventilated seats are very useful if it is warm or hot in your area.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
At the end of the day, no, they're by no means a 'must have'. I wouldn't pay $2200 for just massaging seats. But in my opinion, the perforated seats look a lot better than the standard seats. Not to mention the leather quality itself, which is probably the nicest part of the package. I honestly forget about the massage feature half the time, but they are definitely effective–even just at keeping you a bit less stiff when sitting for a while. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like there's extendable thigh support on non-luxury Inscription seats.

I'm happy with the package overall since it makes the car feel even more premium than the interior design already makes it.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
We have the upgraded Nappa Seats with Massage/Ventilation in our 2019 XC60 Inscription and the seats are awesome! I use the massage functions fairly often when I drive it. They have a lot of different massage settings. I also like that you can firm up the side bolsters for a little more support (kinda like my R-Design Sport Seats).

·
Registered
917 Posts
Momma says YES, the package is worth every penny.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,100 Posts
Would you happen to go on a lot of 2-300+ mile road trips? My wife & I almost have never used the massage function in my V90CC unless on a 400+ mile road trip. I find the seats really comfortable for <300-mile drives. Whenever I do use them, they are very effective and relaxing at massage. I don't know how they would compare to any Vehicle (Merc or otherwise) as this is my first Vehicle purchase.

Being in Michigan and having taken delivery in June 2018, I have maybe used the ventilation seat option 3-4 times when it got really warm here (95F+). Mostly, my Vehicle is parked under a roof at work & at home and I also use the Volvo sunshade during summers. I personally did not find the Ventilation option nearly as effective as the heated seat option.

The Nappa leather quality is really really nice and I love the suppleness and the long term comfort and adjustability they provide. I have no experience with the standard leather seats and they very well might be the same.

So yeah, unless you are convinced the $2200 upcharge might be a waste for you, I would advise you to go for it as it's better to have the functions and use it sometimes than not have them at all & blame your choices.

I plan to own my car for as long as the wheels rotate and so I'm happy with choosing the Luxury package even if I might use the functions only sometimes. I know I have them when needed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It might sound strange to some of your on this thread but one of the main reason I am considering a MY 2019 V-60 is the luxury seat. I have a really long femur bone and I must have have a thigh support seat for my next car. The S-60 and V-60 appeal to me AND the have the luxury seat available with perhaps enough leg room that I will buy one primarily for the seat. The side bolder holds the promise of hugging the upper torso, a fit for a long body that is normally only found in sports models. At this point in my life I am not interested in two seaters any longer. After market seat defeat too many safety features so that option is out. I agree that for most people the $2200 isn't a great value. But for me, it is a must have. I may never use the massage feature but if it sits right for my body I am buying it. I would like to add that the car seat and the wheel are where the driver makes contact with the vehicle. Why don't more people care about the seats they put in cars? Most are crap! Fat people need seats that skinny people don't like sitting in. Why don't regular fit people demand the comfort of Volvo seats in all cars? A mystery to me... Going to try out the S-60 with the luxury seats next week. I'll post my experience. Mike

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thought I was in the xc60 thread..nope..lol but I'm guessing the seats are the same. We LOVE the Nappa massage/heat/ventilated seats..was 1 of the main reasons we bought the Volvo!! The massage works very well...sure felt great coming home from hockey 1 evening....for us it was a must have......My wife uses the massage feature everytime she is in my car!!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I like massaging seats in our XC60, but not as much as Sport seats in my (previous generation) S60. They are not massaging or ventilated, but oh-so-comfortable. I don't think I will ever sell my '18 S60 for the seats alone, they are that great. New Luxury seats are not as well contoured or padded, unfortunately. The leather is outstanding however and massage function is nice. Still, if I buy another Volvo next year, I will most likely go for R-design with standard Contour seats over Luxury seats - they are better bolstered and padded. I can live without the massage.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We have them in my wife's 2017 XC-60 T6 Inscription. First, the ventilated seats. When it's moderately warm, getting air where the AC cannot reach is just incredibly soothing! My wife is a tennis player, so she LOVES this feature. We tried the massage seats on a long drive. I activated hers and about 10 seconds later, she made a wonderful sound....I immediately activated mine. It was pretty great! For me, the ventilated seats are worth the price! The massage is a bonus.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Found a local dealer with two S-60 T6 (2019) Inscriptions with Luxury Seats here in New Hampshire. Going to drop in for a sit, or maybe a drive to see if I fit in the S-60. While I am still waiting for the V-60 Inscription for the final test and extended test drive.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My V90CC has the massaging seats and we have only used them a few times. We use the ventilated seats pretty regularly as I use them after skiing or exercising. This may sound weird, but you can have the heated seats on with the ventilated, seats which is nice in the winter if you participate in any winter activities. Personally, the luxury seats are fantastic. I drove from CT up to NH (roughly 5 hours of driving) and never got tired or sore from driving. We have them in our XC90 as well and have done some long road trips in that car as well. Never get any complaints from any passengers and usually get comments about how comfortable he car is. With the adjustments, any person can get the seat comfortable.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,100 Posts
My wife & I have personally tested the Luxury package seats (Massage, heater, blower) on our recent road trip to California (5k miles). We literally drove non-stop (only gas/restroom breaks) for 31 hours to reach the Nevada-California (Reno) border from Flint, MI and we both were as fresh and rested as after an inter-continental first class flight. The massage seats along with the Pilot-assist is the best anti-fatigue solution for me.

As I said in my earlier post if the added expense of the package is not your primary issue, get that package. You definitely won't be wasting that $2.2k in any case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts