SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am merging two posts I made in SPA XC90 into one so read carefully.

PLEASE NOTE!!!! This software is nothing you need to rush to the dealership for and is not something we do for free unless your vehicle is in for a maintenance or warranty repair.

I dont have much on specifics but a new update was released for July and it states the following:

■ Improvement of the AWD system's optimization.
■ Improvements of the engine control system's optimization.
■ Improvements to transmission system optimization.

If you have not had the May update, the May updates are included as well as I have posted previously.

AGAIN, I DO NOT HAVE SPECIFICS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was released from Volvo to us the other day and if you do your own oil changes outside of the three free services, please note this:

All model year 2019 and 2020* vehicles are delivered from the factory with Castrol EDGE Pro V 0w-20

Synthetic oil. Castrol EDGE Pro V 0W20 is specifcally co-engineered for the Volvo VEP4 2.0L engine

to maximize fuel effciency and engine performance.

Also note:

The vehicle's Owner's Manual** currently reflects the global recommendation for oil viscosity. The

U.S. market will follow the extreme driving conditions recommendation.

EXTREME CONDITIONS FOR US MARKET:

Volvo recommends changing transmission fluid every 50,000 miles/80,000 kilometers, only on vehicles used for towing,
or when a message appears in the instrument panel text window.

CABIN FILTERS = Recommended to replace at least once a year or more often in heavy traffic or dirty/dusty areas. (this means 10k miles or one year as opposed to VOLVO WARRANTY services doing it at 20k miles)
BRAKE FLUID = Recommended to replace every 3 years or 40,000 miles (if driven in mountainous areas or humid climates - every one year) at owner's request.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Gunshow, should pre-2019 VEP4 2.0L switch from 5W30 to 0W20 at future oil changes? What's different about the 2019 engine that would benefit from the different oil viscosity?

·
Registered
38 Posts
0w20 oil

Gunshow, should pre-2019 VEP4 2.0L switch from 5W30 to 0W20 at future oil changes? What's different about the 2019 engine that would benefit from the different oil viscosity?
wow,now these things are Really going to burn oil. bad enough they're burning the 5w30. we send so many people back to the dealer for this epidemic. i bet the engine hasnt changed a bit,just like when they started with some of the 2012 models changing over to full synthetic and putting the sticker under the hood over the regular oil sticker. same engine just going to synthetic,like it was going to help the burning. they really need to get a handle on that as its really discouraging alot of people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts