SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I own the new model V60 T5 Momentum from 2018. I am really happy with the car. However, I notice sometime a strange rattling noise on the outiside close to the front middle of the windshield when I close my doors.
I already found out that must be due to a flap related to the blower. Obviously the over pressure of air in the car when you close the door causes some flaps to rattle. The air tries tofind its way out of the car through the blower. After a couple of minutes the rattle is gone so it looks like some flap(s) positions have been resetted.
I find it quite annoying as it sounds really cheap but my dealer says it cannot be changed and it is like it is.
Does anybody recognizes this?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Does anybody recognizes this?
No, because you should not be hearing any rattling noises when you close the door (especially on a SPA-platform car)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've heard it, and believe it's a normal sound, coming from the drivers side firewall area. Maybe a pressure release flap or something, for when you slam the door?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@GrecianVolvo I filmed the windscreen wipers as the sound comes from that area.
@Srg963: yes it is clearly related to overpressure of the cabin. However this should be released from an area at the back of the vehicle. I have had many cars (also Volvo's) and I have never heard such a sound before.
After seeing the video my dealer called my car in to investigate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts