SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen other posts discussing similar topics, but didn't see how I could tell if my XC60 has heated wiper blades. I made the dumb mistake of ordering some Rain X blades off of Amazon, only to forget that the windshield fluid comes out of the wiper arms themselves and they may or may not be heated...

Anyone replace their own wiper blades? If so, how did you know if they were heated and where did you purchase the blades from?

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Heated wipers is an option that to be ordered from factory. info should be in spec for your car:)

But its no need to replace whole set, heated or not.
Volvo released rubber for front wipers (2 pcs in set) - part number 31490722.

I've seen other posts discussing similar topics, but didn't see how I could tell if my XC60 has heated wiper blades. I made the dumb mistake of ordering some Rain X blades off of Amazon, only to forget that the windshield fluid comes out of the wiper arms themselves and they may or may not be heated...

Anyone replace their own wiper blades? If so, how did you know if they were heated and where did you purchase the blades from?

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Heated wipers is an option that to be ordered from factory. info should be in spec for your car:)

But its no need to replace whole set, heated or not.
Volvo released rubber for front wipers (2 pcs in set) - part number 31490722.
+1 KentXRS

I was recently in to my dealer for the 20K maintenance and asked about getting the wiper blades replaced. I was told that it would cost $75. I declined and was able to find wiper blade refills for $26.63 (tax & shipping included) on eBay from Volvo of Dallas, link below:

XC60 Wiper Blade Refill Kit - Part 31490722
https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-Volvo...BoCSaYQAvD_BwE

It took me less than 5 minutes to replace the refills only. Select the Wiper Service Position on the Sensus screen. There is a tab on the underside of the top cap on the wiper blade. Press up on the tab with a small flat head screwdriver and the blade refill slides right off with the cap. The replacement refills come with a new cap with refill attached. Slides on easily. Quick repair and less expensive than changing the whole blade. The kit fits the heated and non-heated blades.

·
Registered
183 Posts
But the XC60 has the water coming out from refill through tiny holes. Does this part have the wholes like the original?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the information and pictures. This forum is always super
helpful and I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just replaced the inserts on mine yesterday, mine does have the heated blades.
Easiest way to tell if you have heated wipers is to take the blade off and look at the connector.

Like posted above, put the arm in service position and push the release button on the blade "wiggle" the connector to remove it from the arm.
If you look at the end of the connector you will see the fluid hose connector that supplies the washer fluid to the arm,right below (or above depending on how you are holding it) there will be two small electrical connectors if you have the heated blades.

Hope that makes sense, I should have taken pictures.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just replaced the inserts on mine yesterday, mine does have the heated blades.
Easiest way to tell if you have heated wipers is to take the blade off and look at the connector.

Like posted above, put the arm in service position and push the release button on the blade "wiggle" the connector to remove it from the arm.
If you look at the end of the connector you will see the fluid hose connector that supplies the washer fluid to the arm,right below (or above depending on how you are holding it) there will be two small electrical connectors if you have the heated blades.

Thank you! My inserts are on the way and I’m going to change them as soon as they arrive.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Dealer charged me $30 for inserts replacement. Doesn't seem too much, but definitely better than $80 they wanted before the inserts became avaiable.

·
Registered
594 Posts
since i'm still waiting for my xc60 to arrive, can you guys clarify something for me.
are the nozzles are on the wiper blades themselves and if so, would this mean that you can only replace the wiper rubbers via volvo (not a service point or a gas station like we're used to)?

·
Registered
202 Posts

Hi, I could certainly appreciate a photo with the electrical connectors.

I checked my car invoice and it says "option 000063 Heated Wiper Blades" (was part of Climate Package). But I cannot see any electrical connectors, not even wires under / inside arm.

If anyone else has the same dilemma, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, I could certainly appreciate a photo with the electrical connectors.

I checked my car invoice and it says "option 000063 Heated Wiper Blades" (was part of Climate Package). But I cannot see any electrical connectors, not even wires under / inside arm.

If anyone else has the same dilemma, please let me know.

Thanks!

Pair of photos:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry to revive old tread but wondered if anyone with the 2020 s/v60 or s/v90 has the heated wiper blades as they seem to be standard on the osd pricing list for all the mentioned models? Or is this an error.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I also had to order the rubber blade refills online. Went to my local dealer armed with a 15% off coupon only to be told we don't sell the inserts. But I could buy the whole blades for $50, and $62.50 for install.For added insult, that doesn't include tax!

·
Registered
83 Posts
They want 62.50 just for installation??? It took me one minute including fast espresso...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I am thrilled that Volvo has taken this route rather than making the consumer purchase an entire wiper blade arm or even an assembly. I've been buying Honda inserts for between $5 and $6 and replacing my nieces wiper blades for years. So much more economical. Kuddos for Volvo for thinking about us consumers!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sorry to revive old tread but wondered if anyone with the 2020 s/v60 or s/v90 has the heated wiper blades as they seem to be standard on the osd pricing list for all the mentioned models? Or is this an error.

After my personal experience I don't trust the listed options when it comes to heated wipers. I see the heated wipers option in my 2018 invoice but I dont have wipers like in the posted photos.
When I asked Volvo they said the fluid is heated, not the blades.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
594 Posts

how can I know ?
also what is standard in your country may not be for another.
i.e. seen most of the posts stating that 2 zone climate and sunroof was standard for 2020 but that's not the case in my Country.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts