SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought our 2018 V90 Inscription T6 used in October. It's denim blue with Amber interior. It's an awesome car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought our 2018 V90 Inscription T6 used in October. It's denim blue with Amber interior. It's an awesome car.
Your car is going to get a twin brother in the area. Last weekend I put a deposit down for a 2020 V90 Inscription T6 Denim Blue with Amber for European Delivery. So when you are in Whitewater WI in a couple months it is not double vision. There will really be two Volvo twins in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my car. Had it serviced today. They upgraded the software.
These cars, especially the V90, are rare. It's good to know they share mechanics with the XC90 and the 60 series.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rob,

Finally picked up my car in Madison last night. Didn't expect this OSD process to take that long, but now it is here!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13Xz7OKPUkDqNGV1SjyPRNdQebvQrI2mJ
Well...Congrats! I know this thread is a year or so old now, but I have to say that you're lucky you didn't get OSD this year! They just shut down most of Europe and delivery likely would have taken 4-ever this year, if you didn't get marooned for a few weeks in quarantine yourselves.

I answered this because the S90 and V90 are very close relatives. Same chassis, engine and interior north of the B pillars.

I have a '17 S90 Inscription T6 in Mussel Blue with black interior (other choice at the time was creme. That just doesn't go with my lifestyle...shows dirt and wears rapidly.) and those great original 20" Inscription wheels, which I like better, slightly, than the new ones. It also has a 4" shorter wheelbase than the newer S90s and it was built in Sweden, not China.

I bought it in November of '16. I saw and was gobsmacked by the looks of this car in an ad back then. I was driving past a dealer and they had the exact car in the ad sitting in front of the dealership. I had to try it! I still think it's one of the two prettiest sedans I've ever seen. The other one being the early Maserati Quattorporte...the generation before the Ghibli came out...It was a spectacular looking car...for twice the money with few dealers and dodgy reliability, sigh... I also considered a Tesla Model S, but I have to travel from Chicago to Indy and back on same day about once a quarter. That would not fly in a Model S. One way, maybe?

After 4 Audi A6's in a row, after testing a Momentum S90 without the air suspension and my car. I bought my Mussel Blue demo off the lot. It's got 36K on it now and still runs and looks great. I got a nice discount due to it being a demo. It had just the minimum miles they needed to let it go as a demo and it came with full warranty.

I've just come back from paying for my first non-covered service. It cost a few bucks over a thousand. Included oil filter, air filter, interior air filter, software update, brake fluid flush and a few other odds and ends. I'm going to increase oil change frequency from this point forward. I'll have that done by a great non-dealer I know locally.

If I decide to buy this car from the company when I retire from it. I want it to be good to go for another 50K at least without major problems.

I joined this group to find out if these cars hold up well and what the problems are likely to come up...and how to avoid them, if anyone knows. If these little 4-bangers aren't going the distance, I'll just let it go when i leave my career in about a year from now and get something else. It would be hard to drive another sedan. I've driven a few other new cars recently. I'm always happy to be back in my S90.

Enjoy your V90s! They are really cool looking and they have same traits as my car. For my use, a 3-box body style is better but I certainly can understand the attraction of the V. I very much like your color choices too. I just hit the Light to medium metallics are the easiest to live with, for sure.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts