SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m about to hit 150k miles on my 2014 S60. The car has been super reliable and never needed anything other than normal maintenance. I bought it new 5 years ago. It’s the longest I’ve owned a car and the most mileage I’ve put on one. I’ve been considering replacing it with a CPO 2018 V60 CC. There seem to be a bunch on the market that were once rental vehicles. Many of them have less than 10k miles on them. They’re all CPO’s and have unlimited mileage warranties. They’re priced in the mid to high $20’s.
The 2018 V60 was not my first choice for a replacement vehicle. The prospect of driving basically the same car for another 4-5 years didn’t appeal to me. A new V60 is $50k which I feel is too much for a vehicle I’ll put so many miles on. Plus I already own an XC90 which is similar to the V60. I want a wagon. I had a Jetta TDI manual Sportwagen before the S60 and an Audi A4 Avant 6-spd before that. I was looking at 2016 BMW 328 Sportwagens. However BMW’s CPO program only gives an additional 1 year warranty past the original. Also there is very limited selection.
So it looks like the V60 CC is the way to go. I’m not concerned with the stigma of the car having been a rental. I’m not worried with resale value since I’ll put so many miles on it anyway. The combo of low mileage, 4+ years of unlimited warranty and sub-$30k price is very appealing.
I’d like to know what others’ experience with the V60 CC has been. Any common problems? What kind of mileage can I expect? What’s the best color, other than Osmium Gray (my XC90)? I saw one in Rich Java that looks interesting.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
You're looking at (essentially) the same car that you already have. What engine does your S60 have? I think that would be about the biggest difference between the 2. It also sounds like you might benefit from the (lame) updated CPO 5/unlimited terms, given you drive a lot, so I would say do it! I think the Java is very nice - always makes me look twice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My S60 has the 2.5 5-cyl with 6-spd auto. The V60 has a 2.0 4-cyl with an 8-spd auto.

·
Registered
15,620 Posts
If you're okay getting pretty much the same car that you already have then go for it. My preference would be to find a little older V60 CC with the 5 cylinder but that's just me, I love that motor.

I've been looking at Jetta TDI Wagons this week as cheap affordable commuter car. If you can get over the Dieselgate saga you already know the good parts about these cars - interior space, features, mileage, extended emissions warranty that covers a lot of stuff, etc.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My S60 has the 2.5 5-cyl with 6-spd auto. The V60 has a 2.0 4-cyl with an 8-spd auto.
If you are fine with a vastly similar car the Drive-E configuration should save you a bit over 5Cyl in gas

You could always hold on to the S60 for a couple of years to see where the new SPA models land on the resale/CPO/value scale. At this point you are not going to lose to terribly much on the value of your S60 (it'll be less of a hit than you would take on a new car at least) and you could potentially wait to save some more money and get something you might want more (if I understand correctly)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.