SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their windshield replaced yet? I caught a big rock and am having mine replaced Friday morning.

What kind of issues might I run into with the rearview mirror/camera assembley if the job is not done exactly right? I'm leaving for a long trip Friday evening and don't want any issues on the road especially with the PA/Adaptive Cruise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ad mine replaced for the same reason, there is quite some job in the replacement, here a picture:
[

The windscreens come from far, first one that came in was broken in the box.:rolleyes:
There where no issues after. Half day job.:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,371 Posts
My 2018 T8 windshield was replaced by SafeLite with OEM windshield and everything is all right. Even no calibration was needed for the sensors/cameras on it.

There is video on youtube showing professionals replace it. There is electronic connectors but seems not big difference than other cars.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to wait and get it replaced after my trip. Would absolutely SCREAM if I lost use of PA/Adaptive Cruise on my long journey.

And if anyone's curious my brother and I are headed to French Lick IN to play in the Sirius/XM Listener's Cup golf tourney. Should be lots of fun.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My after market windshield guy bought a calibration machine to recalibrate all the different models of PA/ACC/etc He said it was $$$.I think he said he needed a warehouse or a wall to dial it in. Then he had to drive it for a while too. Sounded like 2-3 hours?

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
There is a calibration that should be done. Most insurance companies are awarw of this and cover it with the job. I also use the special tool to check the level of the camera prior to calibration.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So the hood has to be removed to change out the windshield? What are the electronic connectors for? Rain sensor? I would have thought it would use the cameras for that but maybe those are separate options? Or maybe for a heated windshield option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,371 Posts
So the hood has to be removed to change out the windshield? What are the electronic connectors for? Rain sensor? I would have thought it would use the cameras for that but maybe those are separate options? Or maybe for a heated windshield option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some sensor parts come glued on glass. Only need to reconnect the electronic connector to them.
The youtube video is very helpful to see the process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts