SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2018 T5 R Design

638 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Tglenss214 
#1 ·
Greetings! First post here after a purchase of 2018 R Design last month. I added the Polestar Engineered upgrade and picked up yesterday. My question is after the upgrade is Dynamic Mode replaced by Polestar Engineered on the screen? I only have a couple YouTube videos as reference, and the service advisor said it’s just a flash of software but the drive mode screen doesn’t change it remains labeled Dynamic.
Volvo could be more clear on pricing, data, that comes with this package.
I can certainly feel the difference and loved the car beforehand but this is icing on top!
Thanks for any input.

#2 ·
congrats on your purchase! i bought the same car about 5months ago and did exactly the same thing. The polestar does replace the dynamic mode on screen. i wish they did something a bit more than just replace the word. But yea, the car is definitely snappier with polestar! enjoy your car!

#3 ·
Greetings! First post here after a purchase of 2018 R Design last month. I added the Polestar Engineered upgrade and picked up yesterday. My question is after the upgrade is Dynamic Mode replaced by Polestar Engineered on the screen? I only have a couple YouTube videos as reference, and the service advisor said it's just a flash of software but the drive mode screen doesn't change it remains labeled Dynamic.
Volvo could be more clear on pricing, data, that comes with this package.
I can certainly feel the difference and loved the car beforehand but this is icing on top!
Thanks for any input.
Your drive mode should not say "Dynamic" anymore. It should say "Polestar Engineered". I suggest you bring it back and have them fix it.

#4 ·
Greetings! You might check that your car got the latest system update 2.0. I understand that without this update the car doesn’t always says Polestar. You would have to call the service department to check if the update was done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.