SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've searched high and low everywhere and can't seem to find a list of speaker sizes that our s90 comes with. Any of the audio websites have no configuration set up just yet and I don't want to buy something and it not fit. Thinking about upgrading some of the speakers. Possibly all. Guys got a chest sheet of the speaker sizes in the dash? Doors? Rear deck? Etc etc? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
37 Posts
That would be great information, I was thinking about that myself. I'm not really satisfied with the current sound system. The highs aren't detailed enough and the the bass seems almost non existent in the rear speakers. Actually balancing the system to get a little more from the rear does not seem to improve anything to give you a fuller sound. A small sub-woofer would be nice but decent speakers should give me enough without having to use a sub-woofer. I listen to mostly classic jazz and a little contemporary jazz and easy listening and the current stock speakers seem to be lacking in the lower mid range and bass.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree I think changing some of the speakers with 2 or 3 ways will vastly improve the quality and detail... Just need to know what sizes we have so I don't go opening everything up, sizing it, ordering, waiting etc etc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From Volvo in each front door 1 tweeter 25mm, 1 mid range 80mm, one woofer 165mm, each rear door 1 woofer 165mm, rear parcel shelf two full range 80mm.
I reached out to them, gave them my Vin and they responded with the above

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good info. Report back if you end up going through with an upgrade. I also agree that the sounds system could use a little extra love.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok boys and girls. I've ordered an amplifier, 4 woofers for the doors. I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do with the mids and tweets. I removed the rear door panel and saw there is just one woofer, no tweeter no mid-range. The plan is to order the mids and tweeters the minute I'm able to remove the rear deck and figure out what speakers are back there. My guess is it's not going to cut it so I'll have to change that at the same time. Plan is to take the rear speaker wires and lead it to the amplifier. Obviously the amp will have high level inputs (meaning it can take a factory head units amplified tunes convert it to low level like you find in headunits with rca outs and then push out amplified tunes to the speakers.) I going to keep this as stealth as possible as I dont like the whole show thing. I'll take pictures and explain most of it with obvious fitment issues, problems etc... Once this project starts I'll set up a new post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts