SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like as much info as I can get in the layout, ohm ratings and sizes of the speakers in my 2018 S60 T5 Dynamic with standard stereo. Where can I look?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Assuming they are the same sizes as in the 2015, the front door is a 6.5" woofer, and the tweeter is a 1" or so plastic welded into a bracket that makes it frustrating to upgrade. I'd guess the rear doors likely the same (never looked in my rear doors). I also don't know what size the center is if you have one, but suspect it's similar to the door mounted midrange.

What do you mean by "the layout" ? The woofers are low in the doors, if you had the upgraded system a 2" mid is attached to the door card directly above the woofer (this is also on a plastic mounting baffle, but easy to swap out), tweeters are pretty obvious where they're located.

The mids and tweeters both have the crossover attached to the same mounting that the speakers themselves are. Only 1 set of wires go into the door.

I'd get the impedance for you, but my multimeter broke (like an idiot I left it outside, then also managed to run over it).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that helps! Apparently I have the "bottom of the barrel" audio package with no speakers in the dash and it looks like one woofer on the rear deck. Guessing there is no mid in the front door. I think it is supposed to be 8 speakers but I'm having trouble finding them all. Wanted to buy speakers first then take the panels of but it's looking like I'll have to do some exploring before I buy.

I switched the front tweeters to JL Audio C5s with their included crossovers instead of stock. They sound great.

Does your door look like this? Do you take the entire panel off to get to the 6.5 drivers? The grills look like they come off.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
You need to take the whole door card off. It is relatively painless though. Two screws hold the card directly under the grab handle and door locks. The rest is pop rivets.

The woofer itself is 2 ohm tweeter is 5 ohm (at least from what I remember reading online). I don't remember what the mid (which you don't have) is.

On my door card, you can see the mounted mid/crossover above the woofer speaker grill.

I think each piece would count as a single "speaker," so eight would include the total count of woofer and tweeters in each door. We have "12" in our premium sound models (three way in front doors, two way in rears, plus the center speaker array).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts