SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 S60 Polestar brakes need a surprisingly firm application of the pedal to kick in. Coming from a Golf R where they react instantly, it is a huge difference.
Car is v. low mileage (under 3.5K) CPO. Rotors were already replaced (before I took possession) during Volvo's preparation for CPO sale since they were apparently vibrating.
Not sure if needing to depress the brake pedal hard / far is normal since I just got the car recently and have only driven with it one day so far (working from home a lot for the time being).

Before I spend time taking it to a dealer, wanted to check the following:
1) Is this is expected behavior? (I just got the car and only drove it once so far so I do not have any comparison).
2) If this is not normal is there anything I can safely do myself easily to address this?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have brake bedding instructions with the car? They came as a rear view mirror hanger, IIRC.

My first guess is the rotors were replaced and not bedded properly.

See https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...wner-S60-Polestar-brake-pad-bedding-questions
Thanks!
Mine didn't have the mirror hanger instructions, but the car (CPO) already had just under 3,500 miles, so that explains why the instructions were not attached to the mirror.
The rotors were replaced as part of the CPO process, as noted above, so I suspect you're right about them perhaps not having performed the bedding process (they don't get Polestars into inventory often).

It is raining now, but I will try to bed it out once the weather dries out.
Will report back for the benefit of others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts