SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
Any alternatives to genuine Volvo parts? How much should I expect to pay? Thanks.
There's a carbotech pad and a powerstop pad. The latter are very reasonable, like $45 for the front set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wayne T5- thanks! I will enlist google to research further... but if you have anymore specifics or links, please don't be shy to post. Any ideas on rotors? With the cars being relatively rare, seems like there is not a lot of info out there. My local mechanic told me that he suspects that the stock rotors are made with a softer metal specifically designed for improved performance at the cost of significantly reduced wear, likely needing to be replaced at the same time as pads, every-time. I am only at 35k miles- relatively normal driving, maybe a dozen or so laps at the track.

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
If you're not already, the Polestar group on Facebook has more activity and discussion about brakes. I know a lot of folks are not FB people but thought I'd throw it out there. I will get the part numbers and post back.

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
Carbotech CTPG8062-1521 - $265.00 from ctbrakes.com
Power Stop Z23-1819 - $48.99 at Rockauto

·
Registered
628 Posts
Also, if you have joined the Polestar Owners FB page there is a very detailed and lengthy parts library with many many aftermarket options for from bulbs, wheels, brakes, intakes etc.... The parts library is
difficult to find, see below on how to find the link.

Screenshot (340).jpg Screenshot (341).jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts