SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my pads and possibly rotors also. What are my options other than Volvo parts which seem exorbitantly expensive? Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
FCPEuro has a small premium but they have a lifetime warrantee on pads and rotors, so if you think you’ll have to replace those items again, they’re a great consideration.

I haven’t had to use it yet, the dealership gave me free front/rear rotors and pads at my 50k service through a Volvo warrantee, but I just slapped on new rear rotors and expect to exchange them 30k from now. Thanks ACC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just ordered the rotors through FCP, hopefully their lifetime warranty works in 30k miles. All 4 of my rotors were basically at replacement thickness already after about 28k miles.

I did pick up the R4S Porterfield pads from Viva a bit ago, as well as some Elevate stainless limes from them, figured I may as well do it all at once. Hoping the R4S compound is a little more gentle on the rotors than the factory HP1000 was, but we’ll see.

Does anyone know the torque values for the caliper retaining bolts? I’ve searched but didn’t find anything useful. Likewise for the rear brake caliper bracket and slide-pin/bolts. Also the rotor retaining t50 bolt would be useful. Thanks in advance. Really wish I had a factory service manual for all this stuff, is anyone aware of one for the polestar s/v60?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oops! Welp, that ship has sailed, but where did you find the diagram? Any other ideas on those Allen bolt torque values?
The diagram is from Volvo. Not sure on the torque for the red bolts but I would think they would be nearly the same as the blue ones, very tight as you don't want
them to loosen.... The blue bolts are part #30741260 about $3 each and I put new ones on each time I remove the caliper... you can probably reuse them a couple
of times but I do not want to chance one gets "rounded" and not easily removed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks, any idea where someone could get a copy of those diagrams outside of working at Volvo?

Also, I actually got the blue bolts In the rotor boxes when I ordered the factory front rotors, which is nice, but I didn’t actually remove them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts