SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is interested, I contacted Volvo about some features I was interested in the XC90 R Design that are currently not available in the US.

1. Leather dash and door tops on R Design - they said this would be available in 2017. ( Yes option 000204 ($ 800) however it must be combined with option 000170 Sun curtains rear doors ($ 100) )

2. All leather, no Nubuck on R Design - they said no to this one. ( Nubuck is only available on R-Design. No it can’t be replaced by something else. They would have to buy an Inscription instead if they don’t like the Nubuck. )

3. Subwoofer option without the Bowers and Wilkins option - they said this will be available then too. ( Yes, option 000262 ($ 300) )

As far as when you can order one:

In answer to your questions about when you can place an order for the 2017 XC90, we do not have that information at this time. I suggest you contact your local retailer and ask him to call you when the pricing and specification information is released to him. We may start taking orders around late March or April but nothing is definite yet.

I currently drive a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland but thinking about trading up to the XC90. All the technology is calling my name, hehe

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
OK, since they are stubborn to keep the seat/color difference between R-Design and Inscription, I'll be stubborn to buy R-Design, not Inscription.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Great that the leather dash will be available! Will make it look more luxurious. Too bad no full leather option :-( I'm curious if the power tilt steering wheel will be available for 2017...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I currently drive a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland but thinking about trading up to the XC90. All the technology is calling my name, hehe
That's the trade that we just did. 2014 JGC Overland (with 52k miles) for an inscription. The two trucks are a world apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the trade that we just did. 2014 JGC Overland (with 52k miles) for an inscription. The two trucks are a world apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm waiting to see what Jeep puts on the 2017 GC before I make any decision. Ive always been a Jeep guy. I'm a little torn between the two. I have not driven the XC90 yet. I'm afraid of not wanting to give back.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm interested ni what Jeep does with the Grand Wagoneer, that will be the replacement for the Commander.

I just wish Volvo would let you spec something other than a black interior on R-Designs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are planning on a 2017 XC90 Inscription next year. Are they going to add the power fold down for the 3rd row?

Also, can a mod please confirm my account. Thank you!

·
Registered
240 Posts
1. Leather dash and door tops on R Design - they said this would be available in 2017. ( Yes option 000204 ($ 800) however it must be combined with option 000170 Sun curtains rear doors ($ 100) )

3. Subwoofer option without the Bowers and Wilkins option - they said this will be available then too. ( Yes, option 000262 ($ 300) )
This! We actually wanted the window shade/curtain on the rear door but they said NOPE for the R-Design. Holy Molly! What will that be like inside an XC90 with B&W and an additional subwoofer... having the B&W's bass is crazy (good crazy) already how much more if you add a dedicated subwoofer in there.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I just wish Volvo would let you spec something other than a black interior on R-Designs.
There are a lot of things about an R-Design that I like ... for me likewise the (total) black interior is a deal breaker. And I think I like the Inscription seats better than the R-Design seats.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
And I think I like the Inscription seats better than the R-Design seats.
Except for the different leather & no ventilation, aren't the seats the same shape?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Except for the different leather & no ventilation, aren't the seats the same shape?
I don't think that the R-Design seats have the inflatable side bolsters.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I don't think that the R-Design seats have the inflatable side bolsters.
I didn't realize. I wonder why Volvo would cheap out on something like this if it's true :facepalm:

Maybe someone who has an R-Design could confirm this? :D

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
What will that be like inside an XC90 with B&W and an additional subwoofer... having the B&W's bass is crazy (good crazy) already how much more if you add a dedicated subwoofer in there.
I think you've misread - OP said optional Subwoofer is an option for non-B/W system as the B/W system already has the subwoofer. This is not an additional subwoofer to a B/W system that already has it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We ordered a 2016 Inscription model 12/4/2015 with EDD 5/2016. My husband heard about Pilot Assist II and decided we should perhaps transfer our order to a 2017 model that would be more likely to have that upgrade. I have read various quotes from Volvo execs that they are looking into updating from I to II for the 2016 XC90 and musings here about whether this would only be a software deal or involve hardware. I have asked my dealership to find out anything they could. The following message is verbatim from a phone message:
"We actually talked to our Volvo rep today about your Pilot Assist question. He said that what he is being told right now from Volvo is that their plans is not to include that new pilot system into the XC90 until about another two or three years when they do the model refresh...So the 2017 most likely will not have the (upgraded) Pilot Assist. Still not confirmed but wanted to give you this bit of information."
So throw that into the rumor mill. We are planning to keep our current order as it is.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As a dealer, this is a very good rumour to tell to prospective buyers, since it will boost their 2016 sales. No more people waiting for 2017 models to get Pilot Assist 2 !

Personally, I am waiting for a confirmation from Volvo that Pilot Assist 2 will be available for 2017 models, or retrofitable to 2016 models, since I'm not in a hurry to order. I would be really mad if I was buying a MY2016 and learnt a few months after that I should have waited for the MY2017 ! Decision to buy will be harder to make if Volvo confirms that the upgrade will go to the mid-life refresh, or don't confirm anything... which should say something about it ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts