SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own a 2017 XC90 Momentum with Polestar that I only drove once without the Polestar software loaded. After I picked up the car I always wondered how I could tell if they actually put in the Polestar. I didn't have enough stick time pre-Polestar to develop a baseline impression of what the car drove like before the modification and my service dealer (different from purchase dealer) couldn't tell me with any certainty that the software was there. My car is in for the 40K maintenance visit and for the first time the dealer gave me a XC90 T6 and not a T5 as a loaner. The difference is noticeable.

- There is an obvious difference in power that can be felt at both city and highway speeds. The foot test reveals that you need to push the accelerator down further to get less power than in the Polestar.
- My car sits comfortably in the 80mph zone when not pushing it while the non-Polestar loaner settles in around 70mph with no pushing.
- Shifting is smarter in that it makes better choices in different city driving situations and seemingly quicker upshifts with more power available not less like you'd think that you would get with a higher gear.
- MPH seems better with Polestar. I put "seems better" because I have only had the car for two days - not enough of a sample size

Its just a better driving experience overall with Polestar. It doesn't just apply to aggressive driving. You notice the difference in just daily bumping around from errand to errand driving. Don't get me wrong, the non-Polestar T6 is plenty powerful and is a good drive but Polestar kicks the experience up significantly. I get why Volvo sells this as an upgrade but including it in the standard product would just up the stock of the XC90 as a whole. Oh well, I have a management degree not a marketing degree.

·
Registered
23 Posts
THANKS for that! I recently bought a 2019 T6 with Polestar. So the only non-P* driving experience I have, was the test drive. I certainly like the feel of the car with P* but was kind of wondering ... did I really need it? I was pretty convinced by previous posts here, but your post is timely and even more convincing. Thanks for the reassurance.

I own a 2017 XC90 Momentum with Polestar that I only drove once without the Polestar software loaded. After I picked up the car I always wondered how I could tell if they actually put in the Polestar. ... Its just a better driving experience overall with Polestar. It doesn't just apply to aggressive driving. You notice the difference in just daily bumping around from errand to errand driving. .

·
Registered
444 Posts
Completely agree with this. I had my wife’s XC90 polestar*d without telling her. She definitely noticed after almost 3 years of non p* driving before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same here. My only time with my car pre-Polestar was the test drive. I now know for sure that mine actually got the SW added to it. The only reason I questioned it was that the dealer said someone stole all of their badges from the parts room and they had to order me one after the fact. Seemed suspect. I stand corrected.

THANKS for that! I recently bought a 2019 T6 with Polestar. So the only non-P* driving experience I have, was the test drive. I certainly like the feel of the car with P* but was kind of wondering ... did I really need it? I was pretty convinced by previous posts here, but your post is timely and even more convincing. Thanks for the reassurance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts