SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 2017 XC90 has been almost a flawless investment. That said we have about 800 miles remaining on the manuf warranty, 50k, and i have scheduled an appointment to have the them check the car from bumper to bumper to check if anything needs to be addressed that is covered by the warranty. My tech suggested that i have a list of specific things i want them to check otherwise i may not get much from the inspection. Since i don't know of any issues w the car i would appreciate it if any of you have already done this and have a list of suggestions. BTW at 49k i am still on the original brakes as about 75% of our driving is freeway from the silicon valley to our home in the Truckee area. Thanks

·
Registered
917 Posts
Honestly, if you aren’t having any issues, it seems like a waste of time. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't expect much. They'll check for safety related problems and leaks and that's likely all.

Tell them your center console display is lagging and they should update your software at least.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't expect much. They'll check for safety related problems and leaks and that's likely all.

Tell them your center console display is lagging and they should update your software at least.
I have to say having a Volvo certified Tech on this forum is AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
Is this warranty check a courtesy from your Dealership or are you paying for it? If you're paying and if I might suggest, why not ask them to do a full CPO inspection? It might end up being expensive but at least you'll know the condition of almost everything there is to know about your Vehicle.

·
Registered
222 Posts
MY 2017 XC90 has been almost a flawless investment. That said we have about 800 miles remaining on the manuf warranty, 50k, and i have scheduled an appointment to have the them check the car from bumper to bumper to check if anything needs to be addressed that is covered by the warranty. My tech suggested that i have a list of specific things i want them to check otherwise i may not get much from the inspection. Since i don't know of any issues w the car i would appreciate it if any of you have already done this and have a list of suggestions. BTW at 49k i am still on the original brakes as about 75% of our driving is freeway from the silicon valley to our home in the Truckee area. Thanks
I almost threw up in my mouth when I read your first sentence...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts