SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, the title says it all. I'm thinking BECK/ARNLEY 0421902 from RockAuto. They also have a Mahle and a Mann. Mann is a Chinese brand posing as a German, so I'm not considering that. No ideal about Mahle. Or is it worth going high performance like K&N? My impression is that they aren't really good in the long run and I've never taken them seriously for a daily driver interested in reliability and longevity.

·
Registered
879 Posts
It doesn't matter. Long as you have a filter, that choices are what makes you excited and feel good inside.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but there a few details. They aren't all made the same, some are better than others. Some brands are better for certain cars than others. Also, the whole filtration vs airflow issue. Nothing to be excited about as far as I'm concerned, but if there's one to avoid, or one that's recommended over another, I'd rather know and order accordingly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up going with Mahle. It looked exactly like the Volvo filter I pulled out, which had Mahle markings on it, which of course doesn't mean anything. Hopefully it's the same or equivalent filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts