SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the V90 CC 2017+ models, for rear seat (2nd row) passengers,
  1. there are A/C vents in the side pillars, is that right?
  2. And if you have the luxury package, there are additional vents in the rear of the center console, in addition to climate controls for the rear vents?
  3. And there are no vents in the cargo area.
  4. The front seat "Power Cushion Extensions" that are listed as part of the luxury package is the only way a seat extension exists... ie.. there is no "manual" extension on the non-luxury package models, correct?

Based on searches, that seems to be the case, but I'm hoping someone can verify.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The Ocean Race (2018) has all this, except the front seat cushion extensions are adjusted manually.
fwiw, 2019 models (OR included) have revised seat parts including electronic thigh extension.

·
Registered
549 Posts
1 & 2 - my car, with luxury package has rear vents on the pillars and center console. Don't know if non luxury doesn't have 4 air vent in rear
3 - no vents in cargo area
4 - haven't seen extensions on a non luxury package...may be the OR edition is the exception

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Trying to decide the Luxury components are truly worth it. I kind of like the black cladding, but I also like the sleek color coded look. However, function wise, the leg extensions are a big draw for me... extra rear vents, and sun shades are the other pluses. I'm not sure about the massaging seats... heh...the novelty could wear off quick on those.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,028 Posts
For the V90 CC 2017+ models, for rear seat (2nd row) passengers,
  1. there are A/C vents in the side pillars, is that right?
  2. And if you have the luxury package, there are additional vents in the rear of the center console, in addition to climate controls for the rear vents?
  3. And there are no vents in the cargo area.
  4. The front seat "Power Cushion Extensions" that are listed as part of the luxury package is the only way a seat extension exists... ie.. there is no "manual" extension on the non-luxury package models, correct?

Based on searches, that seems to be the case, but I'm hoping someone can verify.
Mine is a 2018 V90CC with all options and features ticked.

1) Yes.

2) Yes. Two vents over the center tunnel and 2 on the B-Pillars. 4 total vents for the rear passengers with there own climate control (4-Zone in the Vehicle).

3) I have two huge vents in the cargo area on either side which run the length of the cargo area. They are above the wheel-wells just where the glass between C and D Pillar exists. I spotted them today when taking out groceries and have my electric cargo cover removed. I'm guessing they are for defrosting but might also be actual AC vents (dunno if there is a difference).

4)Mine has the power thigh extensions.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,028 Posts
Thanks all. Trying to decide the Luxury components are truly worth it. I kind of like the black cladding, but I also like the sleek color coded look. However, function wise, the leg extensions are a big draw for me... extra rear vents, and sun shades are the other pluses. I'm not sure about the massaging seats... heh...the novelty could wear off quick on those.
I have long legs and even longer thighs and the thigh extensions are god-sent. I have extended them on day 1 and they remain at that setting.

I hated the matt black cladding and even though my V90CC is black in color, they look much better painted and color-coded. This is purely IMO.

When I do have rear-seat passengers (not very often), they love and thank me for the heated rear seats (Michigan winters), rear window sun blinds, 4 AC vents, and their own temperature controls.

My wife & I use massaging seats on long drives. When daily driving to and from work (70 odd miles a day) I mostly do not require the massage. IMO, Volvos have really good and firm (strong) massage settings where you actually feel the massage and does not feel like someone is trying to tickle you (as in many other cars I've seen).

I drive my vehicle a lot. And over long distances, at that. I have driven over 35000 miles during my 12 month ownership period with cross country trips across the width and the height of the continental US. The massage seats, the B&W, and the over-all driver comfort allowed me to drive non-stop (single-driver) across the US for 2332 miles in 33 hours. Non-Stop! Just Gas, quick bites and the restroom. I bet I won't be able to do it without the comfort of my massaging, heated and cooled seats with the thigh extensions. IMO, it takes a LOT of fatigue away on long-distance cross-country touring.

I personally feel the luxury package and the B&W are absolutely worth it if you plan to do anything other than a daily 10-15 mile drive to get groceries or to get to work.

Make a checklist of how you plan to use the car and then see what fits your needs. Every individual here will give you their own opinion as it seems fit to their own case (as have I).

If money is not an absolute concern I would rather have the features and seldom use it than not have them and bicth about it once in a blue moon.

Good luck Volvo hunting!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If money is not an absolute concern I would rather have the features and seldom use it than not have them and bicth about it once in a blue moon.

Good luck Volvo hunting!
It's mostly a matter of helping me filter out vehicles to search through. There are less with the Luxury Package ;-) I'm searching gently used 2017/18 models, so more '18's are starting to pop up slowly.

Thanks for your comments; you've hit on a number of things that help lean me toward making sure the Luxury package is a part of my criteria. My wife heard a B&W in a V90CC and will not accept any V90CC without it.... lol. I'm trying hard to make sure rear air suspension is a requirement.....we carry 200 pounds of dog and sometimes pull a utility trailer. I drive 90 miles a day round trip to work, so I value a comfortable ride (even though my wife would have priority for her 10 minute commute on days she works).

oh.. and WOW... 2332 miles in 33 hours is impressive!

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,028 Posts
It's mostly a matter of helping me filter out vehicles to search through. There are less with the Luxury Package ;-)
I believe you. The nearest dealer who had a fully spec'd 2018 V90CC exactly the way I wanted (Luxury pack, B&W, Air Susp, Interior-Exterior combo, etc.. etc..) was 300 miles away from home. I had to buy mine out of state from IL last June.

Also, the rear air suspension helps keep the Vehicle flat and stable which gives you a sense of security in tight corners and while hauling cargo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts