SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some thoughts on my decreasing MPG...

I have a 2017 V60CC with ~34K miles. Has Polestar's optimization software and no other modifications.

When I first bought the car at 18K miles, I was getting almost 25mpg (car was freshly serviced at purchase). I later had it serviced at the regular ~30K service visit and no issues were raised/found.

At the time, I didn't question the gas mileage because it was still 23-24 mpg. More recently, it's continued to drop to 21.7mpg with a regular mix of highway and city driving. Not really able to lay in to the pedal on our highways but also not really doing a lot of stop and go city driving. At this point, the MPG is pretty bad for an automatic 4 cyl. Might as well be driving a truck.

I use only 92 octane, don't tow anything. Have a bike rack on top with wind fairing but rarely drive with bikes on top.

Anybody experiencing the same? TIA!

·
Registered
11 Posts
A rooftop rack, even with the fairing, will result in MPG drop for sure. I notice it on my own V60 (non-CC) with the rack on.

Turn the dash to Eco/green mode and keep an eye on your economy gauge. Modifying your pedal pressure slightly can help, but not completely alleviate the drop.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know it's late in the season, but winter blend gas drops my mpg by over 10%. Not sure if your area participates in this blend.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah. Didn't know about the gas thing. I live in the PNW so they probably change the gas mix up here too. Hopefully that's it.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I can’t remember the last time I’ve had better than 20.8mpg on a tank in my S60 T6. Your mileage doesn’t sound too bad.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I am getting about 19mpg with my driving currently with the T6 and it has dropped this winter from above 20mpg (but below 21 like bunnspeed) that I usually get. Not much difference but I did notice it go down during winter. Waiting to see if it goes back up with the weather getting nicer and the car being able to warm up substantially quicker

·
Registered
30 Posts
24 average on summer blend gas, 20.6 on winter with mine. 28.5 summer, 24.5 winter on my wife’s (though we did Polestar tune her’s going into this winter). To echo others gas blend and temperature make a large difference. We both have seen our MPGs creep up slightly the last couple weeks as weather in KC has warmed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm also seeing about 21-22 and I do about 80% highway commuting ( 100 miles a day total to and from work ) in my V60RD w/ Polestar Tune. Hoping it's just winter gas and I'll see an increase here shortly.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Wow, I guess I shouldn't be disappointed with my winter 24 mpg average in the T6 w/P* :)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I'm only getting 17-18 mpg in the city on 93 Octane.
Granted my commute is around 3.5 miles and it's pretty hilly in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I can get 36 mpgs all highway driving with no trouble at all. I average 20 in the city, but I drive like an asshole about 90% of the time.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Same here. I used to do 25/30mpg and in winter I go rarely over 23mpg. Lots of cold starts (try to not use AC to limit the mpg impact)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Was struggling to get 20 in the first few weeks with mine... the fact that the novelty of 300+ horses is starting to wear off and the Progressive monitor in my OBD beeping every time my premium goes up a buck has made it/me a bit better... 22 around town according to the DIM, can get the average up to 25ish with some highway cruising... taking it on a road trip next weekend, looking forward to seeing what happens on a decent highway run.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Drove from the Portland area to Pacific City and back in moderate traffic this week. About 155 miles... 28.5 mpg on the DIM.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I'm only getting 17-18 mpg in the city on 93 Octane.
Granted my commute is around 3.5 miles and it's pretty hilly in Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh? I'm up near Erie but am down that way frequently! Any Volvo shows going on this summer I should know of? I use to be big into the VW/Audi scene down there and frequented Sendells Oktoberfest.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Pittsburgh? I'm up near Erie but am down that way frequently! Any Volvo shows going on this summer I should know of? I use to be big into the VW/Audi scene down there and frequented Sendells Oktoberfest.
I don't know of any Volvo events here in Pittsburgh. I do not look for them either but I don't think there are any.
Of course there's always the Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix every year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 2017 S60i T5. I can get 36 on the highway with econ button pressed but once I get into the city and do stop and go with a/c on my mileage drops.
My worst stop and go mileage is 16mpg and many times i get 21 to 27 depending on how many cars there are and the temperature outside.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts