SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Not wild about the rear and rear 3/4 views. Definitely do not like the taillights, how chunky they are, and how much of that heft wraps around, or how the lower portion is bigger than the upper. The rear D Pillar also has tones of the Impala, also VW Phaeton.

Side and front are very handsome.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not wild about the rear and rear 3/4 views. Definitely do not like the taillights, how chunky they are, and how much of that heft wraps around, or how the lower portion is bigger than the upper. The rear D Pillar also has tones of the Impala, also VW Phaeton.

Side and front are very handsome.
Get out of my head man. Those are pretty much my exact thoughts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think they did a good job with it. I as well am not a huge fan of the rear end. but considering this is a full size luxury sedan under their new hammer of thor design concept. Its masculine, and refined. bulky is also a good adjective. Either way, I cant wait, I lile it. yada yada I'll still be buying the Xc90 over this.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Love the application location of the rear VOLVO emblem, love the exterior door handles really love the (40/20/40 ) rear seat. The back end is going to take some time to get used to. Just seems a little off/out of proportion for some reason. Looking forward to pics of non Inscription interior and other available colors. All in all very well executed. Now lets see some cost information. Guessing starting in the low $50's?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Will have to wait for the new SPA S60 to see if they improve the rear end.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm not a fan of the sweep down from the rear doors, but I really like the rear view and taillights. I think they channel that "understated strength" characteristic of Volvo design. The retro aero blades on the interior vents are also pretty classy, especially with the wood trim.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yeahhhhhhhh....... I can deal with the way the rear looks,but the front looks like the Buick to me. I though it would be a bit more edgier. I like the interior most of all.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
The back could be better... I hope the V90 back is updated to follow the XC90 or XC Concept... Interior looks beautiful. Chrome door trim looks a little tacky to me.

·
Registered
127 Posts

I can't wait to see the official V90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I really do like this design. And to see that the front headlamps are closer to the concepts than the XC90 - I am disappointed in how the XC90 have changed the lamps.
The rear end has grown on me just the last hours, I do like it quite alot. It does remind me of an Audi A7, but I've always liked that rear end too.. :)

@comp1: The rear seats folds flat 40/20/40 btw.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If I'm allowed to name a few things...

Likes: The rear seats, interior door panels, air vents, head rests, front headlamp creases between the grill

Dislikes: The front air intakes, lack of panoramic sunroof, no brown leather interior

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
No Pano, wow that's big (or small). I am surprised by that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't like the way they included the memory seat buttons and lock/unlock within the speaker mesh. That looks out of place to me!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I guess you petrolheads enjoy that the S90 is available as a manual :)

...if that's also true for NA, naturally.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it looks great from almost every angle, especially the front. Don't think the back looks half bad either (I think we can all agree that it's unmistakably Volvo b/c of the new XC90 tail lights). Still trying to figure out what it resembles though... initially thought of A7, kind of also see the malibu in it, and the back kind of looks like a Jag XJ. Just goes to show how crowded and similar looking the luxury sedan segment is now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts