SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching, but haven't been able to find out when the 2017 model is supposed to be arriving in the US. One post said Aug/Sept. Does that sound right?

I'm trying to figure out if I should wait, as power third row is tempting...and it would give Volvo time to work out some of the kinks associated with it being the first model year.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Would like to know as well, I'm def. waiting for 2017!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Don't know how true this is, but when i asked my dealer this question, he told me that Volvo typically changes over it's production from one model year to the next during the August holiday break in Sweden. They shut down the factory and re-tool / update the assembly lines for the new model year. The first shipments begin arriving in early October.

Take it with a grain of salt, as he was keen on selling me a 2016 model, but knowing how Europeans love their August vacations, it's not a totally ridiculous theory.

The exception to this is a car like the 2017 S90 or the 2016 XC90 where they totally overhauled the car and started production much earlier in the year. The S90 is expected to hit dealerships in June 2016.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Volvo MY change over is usually in May of every year. This means that only a limited number are built prior to the four week factory shut down, which is usually the last two weeks in July and the first two weeks in August. This means that a few cars of the new MY are sold in EU prior to vacation, but for most overseas markets cars are built and put on ships. Then they are normally launched around Aug/Sept depending on needed volumes required to ensure not only adequate launch cars at dealers but also that there is sufficient stock to maintain sales volumes.

Just to complicate things there is also the possibility to have a production start at the very end of a calendar year or very beginning when there is a significant product change, hence some models called MY15.5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts